Used 2013 Cadillac SRX SUV Consumer Reviews - 11 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Cadillac SRX SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific SRX model:

Ride with style
By Cynthia Brown

2013 Cadillac SRX SUV Luxury 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Classy look inside & out. Love the touch screen controls or voice command options. I did have to take the car in for engine work within the first week after I bought it. The work was fully covered by the factory warranty!

A great little SUV
By Larry Schadle

2013 Cadillac SRX SUV Performance 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

A great over the road car.... Good mileage, 24-26 highway and 20-21 city... Comfortable for 400 mile runs and great looking.... It drives great with very little correction needed to keep it straight.

Cadillac SRX Review
By Kevin Taube

2013 Cadillac SRX SUV Performance 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

We were looking for a late model used CTS sedan when we came across this 2013 SRX Performance model. The car was a lease return and had only 11,300 miles on it. The car is also Certified, meaning we get an extended warranty for no additional cost. The Cadillac salesman was very helpful and came down to meet our offer without making us go through annoying back and forth with a sales manager. Overall, a very good experience.

The car is primarily for my wife and met her requirement for AWD and outward visibility. Having a very positive experience with the 3.6 engine in my older CTS, I was pleased to see that this car had the same motor. This motor has proven its performance and reliability for more than 10 years on tens of thousands of GM cars and trucks, including the Chevy Camaro. After more than two months, we are very pleased with the car. We enjoy the XM radio on the CUE system and the back up camera and parking assist features work flawlessly. The car even brakes automatically to prevent backing into a bush (or worse).

While it does not afford an overly generous amount of space in the rear cargo area, few SUV's of this size do. The auto power lift gate opens the door well out of head bumping range and is adjustable should you prefer less of a lift height. The front seats are very supportive and appear to be made of quality materials and craftsmanship. The heated power seats will adjust to any reasonable position and provide very good support. The sun roof is very impressive, opening up directly overhead for front passengers and having a fixed roof window for those in the rear. Overall a very comfortable and solid ride car.

The performance is the best part of this car. It goes fast and shifts authoritatively. The car will carve turns at speeds twice that of those posted with no noticeable body roll. Steering is taught and braking superb. Acceleration is outstanding for a two ton SUV. It should be noted that the Performance model does require that you give up that softer, quieter Cadillac ride to a noticeable degree. If that's a concern, you should consider one of their world class sedans.

We are very happy with this car and would buy it again. If you're concerned about buying a Cadillac, you needn't be. Cadillac has come a long way in ten years and is making great cars. And you will have the added benefit of knowing that you are supporting an American company.

Not Quite There but close
By pensman

2013 Cadillac SRX SUV Luxury 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

The SRX handles well, especially on highways; but visibility is an issue. The rear view mirror is too small. Probably the worst I have dealt with but I suspect the size is such because of the side "pillars" which can obscure your view. So you really need those side mirrors that light up to warn you when a car is passing. Having the defensive driving add in helps. Plus my model has a driver's seat that vibrates should you start to drift into another lane. On the highway I have managed to get 24 mpg. The CUE system needs some major improvements as it is totally non-intuitive nor can apps be added to it which I believe is a big mistake. And the HD radio can drift which makes it difficult to hold on to a station. Storage in the rear compartment is excellent. No spare tire, just a can of stuff that you use to halt a leak/puncture as you then limp in for help. I have had a few problems with the power driver's seat. The seat refused to drop down. It was repaired, unsuccessfully, several times. Finally I insisted the seat and power mechanism be replaced. But after I left the car with the dealer, who promised to drive it and prove the repairs worked, I received a call informing me the entire seat and all would be replaced. I still enjoy the car but my wife isn't as enthusiastic. Actually she hates it. She finds she can't cope with the rear view mirror. She drives an Audi Q5. I like the way the SRX handles, and it is great for highway driving and holds the road well for a front wheel drive car.

SRX-DISAPOINTED
By roy79

2013 Cadillac SRX SUV Luxury 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I am very disappointed in my SRX. The seats are uncomfortable, rear visibility and right side visibility are poor, the transmission shifts rough. I have gotten more accustomed to the CUE system and it is easier to use, even though it is slow to respond and continues to be difficult to use in traffic. The air conditioner is poor and not made for Texas heat. When starting, you have to drive a couple of city blocks before you get cool air. I keep the temp on the lowest position and the fan on high most of the time. The car did not come with a spare tire and I got a big sales pitch about how great Cadillac service is, in all parts of the U.S., even rural areas. Cadillac service has not been that great when I park it in front of their door. So I am afraid to take it out of town on the road. I have a second car that I use for vacations. I like the safety features. The seat shaker gets your attention and when backing a large triangle appears on the screen if you have cross traffic. The 307 HP engine is nice, but you pay for the power with poor gas milage.