Used 2012 Cadillac SRX Consumer Reviews - 22 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2012 Cadillac SRX

View reviews for a specific SRX model:

2 for 1 and did my homework
By JC

2012 Cadillac SRX Luxury 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I traded in my 05 Infiniti q45 and 04 Chevy trailblazer in for the Srx. I wanted all the same features both vehicles had together. I look at the Lincoln, Mercedes , Infiniti and BMW. But for the value you could not beat Cadillac. I am a 6'3" male that's sits comfortably inside and do not have a problem getting in or out. Cadillac services or will maintain the vehicle for the next 3 years all free. I test drove a 2015 but settled on the 12. Didn't want big car payments. Plus the only difference is the navigation radio system but everything else is the same. It has 22000 miles and certified pre-own. I had it a month a get 21 mpg around town and 25 on the highway. This is great compared to my last v8 and v6 engines. And it takes regular gases. The dealer also washes it at every service a sweep as give you a brand new loaner. I do recommend you test drive.

Great All-round Vehicle
By firetoice

2012 Cadillac SRX Luxury 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased this vehicle in September, 2011, replacing a 2010 SRX. Super for longer trips; comfortable, quiet, solid, efficient. Fuel economy through 50,000 miles of mixed driving: 24 mpg.

Unfortunately, this model has increased in price by ~$7,000 since I purchased my 2010, though I still believe it is a good value.

Exterior design, panoramic sunroof, great night illumination. Overall package: leather seating; both front seats powered, with lumbar support; OnStar; and power tailgate lift. Extendable driver seat bolster for thigh support.

Plusher front seating surfaces. Increased rear leg room.

46K miles and still not a problem
By moscoman

2012 Cadillac SRX Premium 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

With the exception of tires recently changed, this car has been absolutely a pleasure to own and drive. I waited specifically for the 2012 model to get the larger V6 with increased HP, and it has not disappointed. Extremely comfortable car to drive.

Sound system is great. Visibility is good. Acceleration is very nice and appreciated.

Would like the seat memory button on the door rather than on side of seat. Minor issue for sure and maybe personal preference. Pain in butt, no pun intended, to find the button for my driving preferences after my wife has it set on hers.

Good All Around SUV
By rocky92

2012 Cadillac SRX Luxury 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

My 2012 SRX is front wheel drive luxury model with 18 inch wheels. No problems after 5.0 years which is nice for an SUV with very many features that could go wrong. Good handling, quite, and good pick up for an SUV and I drive it aggressively. All around MPG is 20 to 21 MPG which is better than the AWD models. The 2012 model has buttons which I like better than touch screens.

2012 SRX Performance
By madillini

2012 Cadillac SRX Performance 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Bought this car a month ago. Also considered the Lexus 350. It wasn't even close. The SRX seems much roomier inside and has many more nice features. The exterior is chiseled yet sleek, the interior is roomy and comfortable. Seats are very supportive and love the pull out thigh support on the drivers side. Haven't used the GPS much but no problems with accuracy when I did. I actually like the push button parking break. Drive is very quiet, acceleration is quick, steering is responsive, shifting is ultra smooth, this car is a joy to drive.