Used 2011 Cadillac SRX Consumer Reviews - 31 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2011 Cadillac SRX

View reviews for a specific SRX model:

Government Motors Crossover Failure
By chesterpres

2011 Cadillac SRX Luxury 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I have had my 2011 SRX for over one year and to say that it is a disappointment is an understatement.
It is far too heavy for its small 260 hp engine.
It is cumbersome to drive.
I went from an Acura MDX to the SRX and every day, I miss my MDX which had much more room, but was much more agile than the SRX.
I have already had transmission problems.
The cargo space is miniscule.
The only positive I have to say about the SRX is the electronic features it has.
The navigation system is very good and the stereo is top of the line.
Everything else is a disaster.
I hate this car and can't wait to get rid of it.

The navigation system and electronic and comfort features.

Everything else. The undersized engine and overweight design means the car is as agile as a hippo on ludes. I have already had the transmission shifter replaced. It was in for service about 5 times in the first 3 months of this year. This car is horrible.

love my Cadillac SRX
By misty47

2011 Cadillac SRX 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I love my Cadillac SRX still -after having it six months.
After test driving all the Chevy, Kia, Honda, GMC, Buick, Nissan, Hyundia, Toyota cars and SUVs, I liked the SRX the best.
I bought it because they have the mainteance free for 4 years or 50,000 miles.
Free oil changes, tire rotation etc.
It has the 6 cyl which has plenty of power to get on freeways.

I love the body style and interior is very nice. The leather is soft. It drives great and handles very well. The Bose stereo sounds good too. Love the OnStar feature. I feel safe in this SUV. It is well built and very solid feeling and comfortable.

The only thing I have found that I don't like is the blind spots but I bought the spot mirrors from QVC and put them on my side mirrors. I can change lanes with ease now. I see everything now so that problem was solved. Also I am only getting 20 mpg which is not so bad but it could be better. All in all I love my Caddy and I don't think I want to drive anything else from now on.

Awesome Caddy
By sonnysideup

2011 Cadillac SRX Performance 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I've had this Caddy for about 3 weeks. I absolutely love it. It's fun to drive, & makes it's presence on the road felt. This is a heavy SUV, & makes one feel secure especially in Washington D.C. traffic which is the worst in the Country.

The only drawback is that it is a bit under powered, something that has been addressed in the new 2012. It's also the best looking SUV.

GM is back.

All the bells & whistles one would want. Styling in both the interior & exterior. Corners & handles well. GREAT RIDE.

A bit underpowered.

went back to GM after 20+ years
By jdo1139

2011 Cadillac SRX Luxury 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I've been a german car guy for a long time. Just wanted a change. bought the srx in sept. 2011 have 524 miles on it at this writting. so far I am happy with the suv over all but dislike the non turbo v6 quite sluggish for my taste but Ican live with it. fit and finish is very good,interior is
beautiful, the look of the suv is great overall the choice of a cadillac was a good one. may be after 10000 miles i'll write another review, hope I can still rave

interior ,style of suv.price.

1st impressions
By mao_007

2011 Cadillac SRX Luxury 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I recently bought an SRX so I can't really speak to reliability but ...It seems attention to detail is there, very nice interior and an excellent body. The pickup is excellent particularly with the autostick. Gas mileage is a bit disappointing but avoid the lead foot and use autostick and you should be fine. The trunk area is nice, and I particularly like the hidden large well which is lined so it is great for frozen items.I really like the fence divider on rails the trunk area has very handy (can stow in the well).

The styling and the attention to detail is all there as expected. I particularly like the stiffer Euro ride and of course the interior is the best. The console for the driver is very easy to read and there are many options even a display of the tires and their respective tire pressure. Needless to say, the backup camera is nice for the many occasions one has to go into reverse. OnStar however, ties everything together making it a sweet package. Last but not least, the dealer I went to WEIL Cadillac is the best and it was a pleasure working with the car salesman Michael Palermo.

A little better gas mileage would be nice. It might help if they came out with say an 8 speed and had a mode which attempts to keep the RPMs low thus saving gas. For those of us that already bought an SRX I think they could improve the onboard software (more intelligent shifting). On that note, I did find in situations where you have to punch it the acceleration isn't always smooth the way it would be say in a Mercedes 300. Also, I found the iPod integration works but is a bit fussy with regards to setting up and getting working (lots of songs it has to index).