Used 2010 Cadillac SRX SUV Consumer Reviews - 96 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2010 Cadillac SRX SUV

View reviews for a specific SRX model:

Has lots of features, but unable to give the total driving experience
By jtsx1

2010 Cadillac SRX SUV Premium 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

The exterior is looks nice, interior looks good, but drives like an old person's car. The engine lacks power; feels like there's no torque/mid-range, and fuel economy is pretty bad for this kind of performance. The brakes are some of the worst I've every used; the pedal has a wooden feel and the pads supply minimal braking...I would never dream of towing anything with this vehicle, despite it's 3500 lb suggested capability. Throttle response is horrid and could cause issue if you had to maneuver in tight spaces (there's an initial delay before the gas kicks in) I liked the gauges, center stack design, and air-conditioned front seats. I wouldn't feel safe driving this vehicle on a daily basis

air-conditioned seats, pop-up nav screen, interior design, exterior looks, brake pedal adjustment, maneuverability in tight spots, remote start, keyless entry

!!Brakes: needs better initial bite w/progressive stopping power; pedal feels wooden and doesn't slow 4200 lb vehicle down easily. Requires lots of effort from driver and even then, it struggles. Steering: nice on-center position/feel, but has a delay when making corrections or changing lanes. Navigation: touch screen is hard to manipulate while driving; Acuras rotary dial is much better. Body Roll: significant body roll in tighter turns Center Console: feels somewhat cheap and creaks if you happen to press against it (not I'm not fat, 6'1" 175 lbs)

Love it!
By mstiltner

2010 Cadillac SRX SUV Luxury 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I've had my 2010 for a few months now and I am pleased overall. It is a little weak. I should have gone with a more powerful version since I'm used to a V8. I love the size I don't feel too big or too small. I am dissappointed because I keep having to take it to the dealer..... sunroof issue, memory seat problem and remote start problem. Not what I would expect from Cadillac. Even after all of this I still love this vehicle.

Gas mileage, exterior look

Reclining rear seats, better door cup holders and visibility.

AMAZING
By emcee2

2010 Cadillac SRX SUV Luxury 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I got this car for my 17th birthday and couldn't be more pleased!
The BOSE sound system is tremendous and the sportiness keeps it young. :D
It rides super smooth and I've never had a complaint about comfort.
The price is outstanding for what all it has to offer and I'm honestly in shock at how convenient this car is.
It's roomy, sporty, beautiful, and smooth... What more could you ask for?

The sound system by far... The navigation also looks badass, but I haven't had it installed so not much to say there... The sunroof is awesome.

Navigation should be standard. I was actually EXTREMELY [violative content deleted] when I realized I didn't get the slide out touchscreen even though I paid for 'luxury'.

Love this little Caddy
By ernesto118

2010 Cadillac SRX SUV Luxury 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

My wife traded in our 3 year old Trail Blazer as it started having too many problems. We got a new SRX. Following are our comments after 6 months and 6K miles.
Although the “Inprovement” list is longer than the “Favorite” list, we’re happy we got it and still love driving it!

1. Love the styling. There is nothing like it on the road. 2. Not having a spare is OK with me; I really like having that extra space under the rear deck. What’s really cool is that you can fill it with ice and it becomes a cooler. 3. All the gadgetry and the ambient lighting at night is so cool, nice touch of class. 4. The interior and exterior fit and finish is excellent. There are no large gaps or crooked anything. Looks like GM is starting to get their act together. 5. I’ve been averaging 20.5 MPG which is great for a Caddy! 6. Love the large panorama sun roof. 7. I was surprised at the smoothness of the ride considering the short wheelbase.

The passenger seat needs memory seating - memory should also adjust the rear view mirror. The driver seat should wait until you sit on it BEFORE starting to move forward. Can't have the navigation system on with the radio off. If I want to hear the navigation directions I have to have the radio on. Fuel door on the right hand side and doesn't lock. A and B pillars have blind spots the size of Redwoods. Rear passenger seat does not move forward. The sunroof does not close when I shut down the car and get out - bad news if I forget to close it and it rains. Power door locks should be on the doors, not on the dash. The PRNDL indicators lights Red (danger) - catches my eye when driving.

Everything we expected and more.
By woods2

2010 Cadillac SRX SUV Luxury 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Bought SRX to replace our 12 year old motor-home.
Wanted vehicle for continued travels, with ample cargo space, and ability to reach 2nd home in all types weather.
Couldn't ask for a better choice.
Have 8,400 miles to date and average 26.7 mpg on road.
SRX joins
M-B 300 and Volvo C70 in our "fleet", and it's become our favorite ride.
Added fog lamps and greatly improve night driving on back roads.
First driving experience without spare tire/jack; keeping fingers crossed.
No negatives to date.
Power, ride, rear seat space concerns, addressed by others, found to be very acceptable in our case.
Rear seats partially recline and most comfortable.
Outstanding Dealership.

Usable cargo capacity and added storage features; HVAC system; Interior/Exterior; Engineering and design features; Handling; Quiet; Oversize Sun Roof; One Great Package!

None; Our first American Car in 22 years and most impressed with overall vehicle and the dealership organization. Think Cadillac, at least, is back on the right track.