Used 2008 Cadillac SRX SUV Consumer Reviews - 32 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Cadillac SRX SUV

View reviews for a specific SRX model:

It's really an SUV
By Rory Boothe

2008 Cadillac SRX SUV V6 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I get 22 mpg on the highway. My wife loves it and it's the only SUV cross- over that has enough room in the back to really be called an SUV. I'm more comfortable in the SRX than in my truck. It has leg room in the back seat as well. The steering & handling is excellent.

It sets up like a true SUV and it drives truly like a Cadillac.

A little better gas mileage would be great, but it's better than most full- size SUV's

From a 2004 to a 2008
By Tom

2008 Cadillac SRX SUV V6 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased a 2004 SRX and loved it. Considered Lexus, BMW, Lincoln, but went back to an SRX. My wife drives this car almost exclusively but when I drive it is a pure joy. Driving from N.E. Pa to Chicago is not a chore but a great experience.

Quiet, hugs the road, comfortable for hours on end

I had the outside dash heater/air conditioner vents painted flat black to stop the reflection in the driver & passenger window/mirror. That was the only thing found so far.

What an awesome suprise!
By ABO

2008 Cadillac SRX SUV V6 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

As my lease is ending on my 2008 BMW 528I and after driving both Mercedes and BMW for the better part of 10 years..I decided to go American. The SRX that I bought (not leased) is Black on Black 20"chrome wheels, Vogue grille, Nav, panoramic sunroof and more. It drives like a car and has the room I need for weekend trips to Home Depot. I can't believe that I enjoy this vehicle as much as I do, but it truly delivers the best of both worlds.

Handling, nav, electronic tailgate, panoramic sunroof

Better MPG

Love this car
By caddyfan

2008 Cadillac SRX SUV V6 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

There is nothing not to like. I have owned Honda and Toyota for years and thought it was time to 'buy American." This car has needed nothing other than one oil change. Reliability is excellent, despite the reviews. This car is a well kept secret.

Don't overlook an SRX
By Jeff Sunshine

2008 Cadillac SRX SUV V8 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

I have a V8 awd with the sport package. The car has 20k miles on it and all I did was change oil (twice). So much for consumer reports saying its unreliable. Love the SRX because it handles like a well designed car and accelerates with ease. Everything works the way its supposed to and this car has been very reliable so far. Drive way better than the V6 trucks from BMW, MB and Lexus and you will save money. Test drive this car before getting saddled to a boring vanilla vehicle recommended by consumer reports. By the way this Caddy does fine off road and in the snow

V8, sport package, Bose sound system, contol in bad weather, exhaust note

Third row seat could be easier to use (but way better than the big clunkers in any Toyota or Lexus), could use more cargo room, city mileage (as expexted) is low (but you arrive quickly)