Used 2006 Cadillac SRX Consumer Reviews - 65 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Cadillac SRX

View reviews for a specific SRX model:

Pay More for Imports If You Must!
By Formerlexusdriver

2006 Cadillac SRX 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I have read the reviews about the SRX, so I had a very low expectation for it. All I have to say is test ride this vehicle, and all those criticisms will seem like hot air. I read one criticism was that the center console had two levels, and that you have to remove the top layer to get to the bottom, if you don't like this feature, remove the upper tray, and it becomes one large compartment. The handling was a very pleasant experience, and all of the controls are thoughtfully positioned. Some people might be accustomed to European or Japanese configurations, so they may not be used to the SRX, my advice is to give some time and you will realize that there is a reason for the position of the items.

It has great handling, an excellent engine, cool styling, and it is very refined.

Make programing personalization more intuitive.

Changes Need to be Made
By Bob Swope

2006 Cadillac SRX 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

The Cadillac SRX is an enjoyable vehicle to drive in town and on the road. Its road noise is much less than other vehicles we have ridden in. The gas mileage is not as good as our previous DeVilles' got though.

It is taller than our previous vehicles and much easier to get in and out of.

Make more room in the rear so two golf bags can be placed side to side and still have room for luggage. Make a digital dash with more information showing. Move the glove box to a more accessible area. Move the gas filler door to other side. Add a locking gas door with inside unlock.

Best Vehicle I've Ever Purchased!
By Steven

2006 Cadillac SRX 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

This is my first Cadillac and it will not be my last. The vehicle is a head turner and I have received many compliments from friends and other drivers. The ultra view sunroof is a must have. It's a fun vehicle to drive. I'm a very satisfied customer.

I love the Ultra view sunroof and all wheel drive.

Add turn signal indicators in the side view mirrors.

Amazing
By marlin

2006 Cadillac SRX 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

This car is amazing, it runs very well. It has lots of room for my family and has a huge sunroof.

The navigation system and the sunroof.

I wish that it got better gas mileage.

I might look like a granny...but
By krissyburke

2006 Cadillac SRX 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I love this car, it is so smooth. The other day we had huge amounts of stream line winds, you couldn't even feel them in this car; let alone hear them! The only problem I have is, sometimes I feel more like a granny driving this car, when all of my friends have their sporty mom vehicles. I am still only 27 and not quite ready to fully give up my youth just yet. However, with hopefully a third baby on the way this car was really the way to go for us. So, I might look like a granny in this car at times,...but I still love it!