Used 2006 Cadillac SRX Consumer Reviews - 67 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Cadillac SRX

View reviews for a specific SRX model:

Great truck
By Aleks

2006 Cadillac SRX 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

I'm an automotive plastics engineer. I also own a bike and race car. I am very critical of quality and performance in anything I own or drive. I also own an 06 Toyota 4 runner. I'm happy to say that I am very impressed with the quality and performance of this truck. The seats are very comfortable, the glass roof (s) are very large with power shades on both, the transmission smooth, great handling, good power, good brakes, good sound system, nice extra features like little gloveboxes in doors, etc.. The only somewhat negatives: gas mileage, a couple of panels not so tight on the gap tolerances, odd slight valvetrain noise...and that's about it. It's a great vehicle. V8 a must too.

V8 power A lot of extras such as huge moonroof, 3rd row seats, little gloveboxes on doors in addition to map pockets, tons of interior lighting, etc.. Great sound system, smooth transmission, great handling, nice looks, solid feel, etc...

Better mileage with same power. Better fit and finish with exterior and interior panels and parts.

Cadillac SRX 8
By Donald Anderson

2006 Cadillac SRX 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

We got this as a demo with only 3500 miles on it, now has 8700. We have made two long trips with this car and found it to be extremely comfortable. It handles like a sports car and preforms excellent. However we have had to take it back for a stuck sunroof, rear washer quit, and to check the back up warning system. We also have a Mountaineer that is now a 2nd choice to drive auto. It has every option except AWD. In Atlanta not a necessary feature. Avg about 20 mpg through mountains driving from Atl to Detroit. Researched the SUV's throughly, this is the best choice!

Huge sunroof! Comfortable seats, Northstar engine, navagational system

Allow driver to make changes in navagation while moving. Yes I know its a safety feature. Rear gate access from inside.

Brand New 2006 SRX
By dctex99

2006 Cadillac SRX 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I love everything about the SRX. I just bought a brand new leftover 2006 model at a great price. It handles well, gets a lot of looks, and I got a great price on it in early '07. I highly recommend it.

The power rear window, how it is so easy to enter and exit, high quality leather, and smooth engine and transmission.

It should get better gas mileage.

Sensible, Safe Luxury
By paul

2006 Cadillac SRX 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I have a family of four and we wanted an AWD SUV with the optional 3rd row seat. I wanted something sporty and fast, my wife wanted the ideal soccer mom ride. The SRX is both, a great family hauler that feels safe and is reliable in all conditions. We love the heated seats, handling in ice and snow, traction control and stopping power. But wait, this vehicle is fast and handles extremely well, feeling like a luxury sedan and not a nicely wrapped truck. It has beautiful fit and finish, great Bose sound, and a quiet interior. I did exhaustive research before buying, comparing the SRX to the MDX and RAV4. It was no contest, and I've never owned a Cadillac before.

The 3rd row seat, cool power fold, useful for up to seven people on short trips or with small kids. It has an awesome V6 engine that has plenty of getup and go and decent mileage (I get 18 mpg heavy footed). Its handling is tight, not slushy like a big car or heavy like the truck platform SUVs.

The front console encroaches on the pedal space. The rear bumper needs protection from scratches. It is expensive to repair.

Not the Old Man's Car
By strack

2006 Cadillac SRX 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

This SUV handles more like a car than a SUV. I have had it for seven months and love it! You think you are driving a sports car when you are not.

Styling and comfort

The Homelink system should be standard and the radio should automatically display any changes in the songs on XM (this is all I can think of).