Used 2006 Cadillac SRX Consumer Reviews - 65 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Cadillac SRX

View reviews for a specific SRX model:

Big Disapointment
By Jason

2006 Cadillac SRX 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

This is my first Cadillac and over all I have been very pleased. The ride is "Cadillac", handling and performance is more than I expected. However, after only two plus years I am going to trade it in for another SUV. I'm in sales and drive over 35K miles per year. My SRX burns a quart of oil every 1.5K miles. It seems as often as I put gas in I put in oil. No Cadillac dealership either wants to or can help me with my issue. Most disappointing!

The ride and pride in buying American.

Put a engine in that does not burn oil faster then gas. Have dealerships that can service the vehicles they sell.

Class act
By Jan

2006 Cadillac SRX 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Have enjoyed my SRX on most levels. Fun to drive, great looking, easy to handle & the look and feel of understated elegence. I have purchased it fully loaded & what a joy it has been. The SRX appeals to all the drivers in the family with only one complaint by me, fuel consumption.

Looks great, drives like a sedan.

Could this drive go green?

Fine Performing SUV
By Gregg

2006 Cadillac SRX 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

My experience with this SUV has been nothing but satisfaction. I can see why it's called a crossover type. It can please on all levels. It feels and drive like a fine car and can accelerate quickly and smoothly as a sport car. Spacious inside without looking big and gaudy on the outside. The body design is sporty looking and yet refined. I did not expect to even consider this vehicle because it was in it's second year of production but the test drive simply left the competition behind. Not only is quality built under the hood but also is pleasure and comfort. We took a 1400 roundtrip and driving fatique was never a factor!

Love it's look and feel. Lower step into the vehicle than most SUVs. Design is longer which gives better stability and attractiveness. Seats are comfortable.

My particular model has the all black dash with dimples. For a car of this class it doesn't match in appearance with the rest of the car.

Great truck
By Aleks

2006 Cadillac SRX 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

I'm an automotive plastics engineer. I also own a bike and race car. I am very critical of quality and performance in anything I own or drive. I also own an 06 Toyota 4 runner. I'm happy to say that I am very impressed with the quality and performance of this truck. The seats are very comfortable, the glass roof (s) are very large with power shades on both, the transmission smooth, great handling, good power, good brakes, good sound system, nice extra features like little gloveboxes in doors, etc.. The only somewhat negatives: gas mileage, a couple of panels not so tight on the gap tolerances, odd slight valvetrain noise...and that's about it. It's a great vehicle. V8 a must too.

V8 power A lot of extras such as huge moonroof, 3rd row seats, little gloveboxes on doors in addition to map pockets, tons of interior lighting, etc.. Great sound system, smooth transmission, great handling, nice looks, solid feel, etc...

Better mileage with same power. Better fit and finish with exterior and interior panels and parts.

Cadillac SRX 8
By Donald Anderson

2006 Cadillac SRX 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

We got this as a demo with only 3500 miles on it, now has 8700. We have made two long trips with this car and found it to be extremely comfortable. It handles like a sports car and preforms excellent. However we have had to take it back for a stuck sunroof, rear washer quit, and to check the back up warning system. We also have a Mountaineer that is now a 2nd choice to drive auto. It has every option except AWD. In Atlanta not a necessary feature. Avg about 20 mpg through mountains driving from Atl to Detroit. Researched the SUV's throughly, this is the best choice!

Huge sunroof! Comfortable seats, Northstar engine, navagational system

Allow driver to make changes in navagation while moving. Yes I know its a safety feature. Rear gate access from inside.