Used 2006 Cadillac SRX Consumer Reviews - 68 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Cadillac SRX

View reviews for a specific SRX model:

Poor experience with my SRX
By Becca

2006 Cadillac SRX 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I have now owned my SRX for 1.5 years. I purchased it brand new with no complaints up until recently. Over the past 3 months, my car has been in for repairs 5 times with the dealer only fixing my concerns/complaints 3 occasions. It has had a new Catalytic converter (the car stalled on me in rush hour traffic), the horn went out, the battery had to be replaced (in a year), and there is a constant rattle when I accelerate or brake. For a "luxury" car, I am frustrated. My prior vehicles that included a BMW and Mercedes did not require this much maintenance. So much for switching to American made for me. This will be the last GM I purchase!

Comfortable ride

Better quality all around!

I can't believe I LOVE a car!
By sandymonet

2006 Cadillac SRX 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

My SRX is the most comfortable car I have ever owned including the Yukon! I get 24-28 MPG highway,18 city. most stylish, classy car on road. Seats, panorama roof, back seats, stereo,are great! 3rd row is for kids not adults! Am going to purchase new one in 2010 in red! Drives great in snow (Chicago) & rain. Handles like a dream with the two different size tires on front and back, ingenious idea. Picks up very quickly great maneuverability, awesome stereo. I tried the Porsche Cayenne, Volvo, Mdx, Lexus 300 & BMWX3,5 none compared to SRX that's why it was Car of the year 2006! Great job Cadillac! Finally it takes 87 gas, what a extra bonus esp. now!!! Ha, Ha BMW

Seating, mirrors, engine, ride, comfort, stereo, speakers, panorama roof, tires, ease of controls, wideness of doors,navigation, style, headlight washers, automatic up down windows. Smoothness of engine and transmission. Handling. handling, maneuverability

Larger front row console, like in Yukon, need to be able to raise and lower lift gate window as in the Toyota.

Northstar
By Jake

2006 Cadillac SRX 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

Bought this V-8 used with 9,000 miles and now have 19,000 miles. My wife is the primary driver and she loves it. The All Wheel drive is great. The power rear tailgate is nice and makes it a snap to load at just the right height. We have not had any problems so far. The very best thing about the SRX with the Northstar is it is a blast to drive. This thing moves and handles very nice.

V-8, fun to drive

Put A/C vents in middle console for back seats.

Big Disapointment
By Jason

2006 Cadillac SRX 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

This is my first Cadillac and over all I have been very pleased. The ride is "Cadillac", handling and performance is more than I expected. However, after only two plus years I am going to trade it in for another SUV. I'm in sales and drive over 35K miles per year. My SRX burns a quart of oil every 1.5K miles. It seems as often as I put gas in I put in oil. No Cadillac dealership either wants to or can help me with my issue. Most disappointing!

The ride and pride in buying American.

Put a engine in that does not burn oil faster then gas. Have dealerships that can service the vehicles they sell.

Class act
By Jan

2006 Cadillac SRX 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Have enjoyed my SRX on most levels. Fun to drive, great looking, easy to handle & the look and feel of understated elegence. I have purchased it fully loaded & what a joy it has been. The SRX appeals to all the drivers in the family with only one complaint by me, fuel consumption.

Looks great, drives like a sedan.

Could this drive go green?