Used 2005 Cadillac SRX Consumer Reviews - 166 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Cadillac SRX

View reviews for a specific SRX model:

Problems after warranty
By Problems with 2005

2005 Cadillac SRX Rwd 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I loved my SRX 2005 until recently. I had a seat belt break. The laminant on the dash is peeling off. My sunroof rattles, and now I have water in the back compartment under the third seat which has caused my headrests to mildew and also my 3rd seat has some mildew areas. It has been a major inconvenience to find where it is leaking from. I've read other reviews and on the 2004 model a few customers have had leaks under their 3rd seats from the sunroof. Has this been a problem for others. Maybe this is something Cadillac should look in to. Maybe there should be a recall on this problem before others have to deal with it.

Sunroof Navigation system heated seats onstar

sunroof noise need more room on passenger side by the glove box. My husband is only 5'9" but has trouble fitting his knees in because of the dash.

Not Pleased
By Maregaret

2005 Cadillac SRX Rwd 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I have enjoyed my SRX and like any other car it needed to be serviced, but this one has been in more than I had hoped. I believe Cadillac makes sound vehicles, but need to improve the quality of their dealership mechanical services. I was in 5 times just for a seat belt issue. The car also blew a cylinder at about 20,000 miles and the dealership failed to replace the oil in the vehicle when they repaired it. Had to bring it in again. They blamed it on me. Used 3 different dealerships over the so far and was not happy with any. Never had this type of problem with other makes of vehicle that I owned. Won't purchase another one because of the dealership service.

Pick up and road handling.

The Cadillac company NEEDS TO IMPROVE the type of mechanical service being provided to owners of their cars, especially in Connecticut.

Pretty but always in the shop!
By darkspd

2005 Cadillac SRX Rwd 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

This car is fun to drive, great power, comfortable and always broken. Every two weeks this car must go in for a major repair (under warranty, thank goodness). Engine (oil leaks and consumption), tranny (went out twice in 2 weeks, factory replacements are terrible, second time they had a local shop rebuild it right), power steering, A/C 4x, drive shafts front and rear, rear differential, sun roof motor (still has intermittent problems), drivers seat and controls, paint (twice), weather striping (doors and sun roof), radio with control display, CD player, interior lights and switches. I'm probably forgetting some stuff but I hope you get my point.

I really love the sun roof it opens up the entire cabin, unfortunately it doesn't always close.

Quality, this car is a perfect example why Detroit has such a hard time selling cars, NO QUALITY. I traded a Toyota with 250k thinking it was due to fall apart. I really wish I had it back.

Questionable Love Affair
By Msblutx

2005 Cadillac SRX Rwd 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

My previous car fell apart @ 530,00 miles. After tons of research, I found my SRX & fell in love with the price & the great condition for being used. 36 days into owning it, on a weekend trip, it made some funny noises. We pulled over a lot, but other than the check emissions light, nothing appeared to be wrong. The next morning, I started it up & the engine sounded HORRIBLE! We checked the oil & there WASN'T ANY! We put nearly 6qts of oil in it and took it to the dealer the next day. There wasn't any sign of a leak & the dealer said it hadn't used oil either. It's purred like a kitten ever since & no more oil loss. Has anyone had this happen to them or explain what might have happened?

I love the comfortable ride and how secure and safe I feel while driving it.

Sturdier dash components such as the AC knobs and painted plastic covers.

Outstanding SRX
By Boinz

2005 Cadillac SRX Rwd 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Drove about 5 used SRX's before I selected this one. They all drive differently - mainly suspension. I particularly love the smoothness of acceleration and braking. Had wood steering wheel and console... added wood kit from dealer. Previously had a Mercury Mountaineer. Like the increased gas mileage - averaging 18.9 in mixed driving per the computer.

Cornering ability. Overall smoothness. Acceleration. Prestige factor. XM Satellite radio.

Rear visibility is awful! Turning radius is also worse than my previous SUV. Shocks can be defective and make loud noises. Had them replaced under certified warranty.