Used 2005 Cadillac SRX SUV Consumer Reviews - 165 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Cadillac SRX SUV

View reviews for a specific SRX model:

I'm IMPRESSED
By Cadillac

2005 Cadillac SRX SUV Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

I like this car. Great in the snow with Eagle GT RESPONSEDGE tires. Very confortable and fun to drive long distances..I'm sold on the GMC warranty. Class and Style. I'm very happy. Love the sunroof. I will upgrade to a 2007 for the dash improvement. GPS requires some getting used to.

Sunroof...Engine power...Stereo.

Window switches could use a more confortable reach to the fingertips. GPS could be more detailed, (more side roads). Side View mirrors should be heated.

quite a few problems
By Sameer Sinha

2005 Cadillac SRX SUV Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

I purchased this new. you'd expect a $55,000 will be flawless but that i snot the case quite a few mechnical problems. Suspension noise- got replaced, driveshaft seal noise, exhaust system noise, troque converter noise, audio replced twice. interior bracket and clips replced. When it is not in the shop it is awesome. rides great, not a great touring car due to uncomfortable rea seats.

exterior, interior, ride, power

mechanical reliability should increase

Poor V6 Engine Quality
By Allen Mason

2005 Cadillac SRX SUV Rwd 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Bought the SRX in '05. I loved the car until Mar 08. First it ran hot was towed to dealer that replaced water pump for $300. 2 months later she was driving the car and it started shaking. She took it to the dealer that checked the oil and said it was over three quarts low. They added oil and charged $117. The engine never leaked or smoked, so where did the oil go. Thee dealer could not tell us . In 2 weeks the check engine light came on. Took to dealer who ran diagnostic and found a cyl was damaged due to low oil. The car was always serviced at dealer with Mobil 1. Tried to get new engine for $8000, but none found, even by two dealers. Finally had a local garage install a used one for $2,800

Style, comfort, quiet ride except when the engine was knocking.

Some dealer or GM support to offer help in understanding where and how over three quarts of oil just disappeared from the crackcase, particularly when the GM dealer did all services.

Don't buy one
By john

2005 Cadillac SRX SUV Rwd 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

This thing is not worth spit. It has way too many reliability problems mainly with the so called "computer". Ours went out, they replaced it, then the gas gage indicator stopped working so they reset the computer, then the turn signals stopped and they could not duplicate it then we lost oil but the computer never told us and the dealer didn't know why. We traded it in on a Subaru Forester. The trade-in number was a surprise because it is so low! GM should go bankrupt putting out this SRX crap for too many bucks. We had 40K miles on it and in the shop 6 times!

The DIC was good. Good horn. Lights were OK too. Tires were nice and round. Good warranty. Good radio.

Stop making more of these things unless you can fix the reliability

Problems after warranty
By Problems with 2005

2005 Cadillac SRX SUV Rwd 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I loved my SRX 2005 until recently. I had a seat belt break. The laminant on the dash is peeling off. My sunroof rattles, and now I have water in the back compartment under the third seat which has caused my headrests to mildew and also my 3rd seat has some mildew areas. It has been a major inconvenience to find where it is leaking from. I've read other reviews and on the 2004 model a few customers have had leaks under their 3rd seats from the sunroof. Has this been a problem for others. Maybe this is something Cadillac should look in to. Maybe there should be a recall on this problem before others have to deal with it.

Sunroof Navigation system heated seats onstar

sunroof noise need more room on passenger side by the glove box. My husband is only 5'9" but has trouble fitting his knees in because of the dash.