Used 2005 Cadillac SRX SUV Consumer Reviews - 165 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Cadillac SRX SUV

View reviews for a specific SRX model:

Problems with transfer gearbox
By Brenda

2005 Cadillac SRX SUV Rwd 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

The first few months I owned the vehicle I was very, very pleased. But after six months I had to replace the outside mirror and consistently had a burning smell in the vehicle. The car was serviced and repaired under the warranty. When the car reached 88,000 miles the big troubles began. The right and left tie rods, the air conditioner and the transfer gearbox had to all be replaced within a three week period. To me I did not feel the car was old enough for such problems to begin. I have been a loyal GM customer, but I am seriously reconsidering if I will ever purchase another Cadillac.

Drivability, color, stereo system

Changes in the cooling and heating system, expand passenger leg room in back, improve the driver's seat for comfort.

What's the deal?
By review

2005 Cadillac SRX SUV Rwd 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

After reading all the other reviews I know they should recall these cars, was driving car nowhere near time for oil change car started jerking and check engine light came on no light indicated low oil level, took to shop had no oil was over 5 qts low. Who would ever image that a Cadillac would not have a light to indicate low oil level. Something needs to be done about this problem if only I would have known this before I bought the car never again will I have or recommend this car to anyone

Big Mistake
By Not What I Expected

2005 Cadillac SRX SUV Rwd 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I cannot believe that GM would build a Cadillac without a sensor to let you know that the oil is low. The other reviews sound like me. Had I know that the SRX V6 uses so much oil and there is not a light that tells you there is no oil in the car I definitely would not have bought it. Driving from LA to Sacramento the car starts jerking but no warning light comes on so I think I just filled up with bad gas and continue to drive another 100 miles. Well it was not the gas it was no oil in the engine. I owned the car 4 months and was scheduled for an oil change two days later. I cannot believe GM does not fix this problem. The warranty does not cover engine damage due to no oil in the car.

The navigation system, DVD player, and sun roof.

Put a low oil sensor on the car. I buy a car every 3 years and never in my 47 years have I ever had a car run out of oil.

Oil Problems- GM in denial
By Kent

2005 Cadillac SRX SUV Rwd 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Great looking car but clearly a defect in the engine. As others have reported, you get an oil change an 1500 miles later the car starts shaking. You check the oil, its empty. No oil leak, no burning smell, just gone. The dealership says they've "never heard of this problem" yet people all over the internet report the same problem. We wanted Russ Darrow, our dealer to find out what was wrong before the warranty ended. They have done nothing except keep charging us for oil changes (@ $117 each time) and say there is nothing wrong. Even though randomly for no apparent reason, you'll check the oil and it fine then a week later its 5 quarts low. Its clear there should be a recall on this car.

Good styling and ride.

GM, Fess up to the oil problem! Bad rear blind spots!

Not what I expect from a Cadillac!
By Margaret

2005 Cadillac SRX SUV Rwd 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

This car has been nothing but a HEADACHE! It has been in for repairs more than any of the 8 vehicles that I have owned from other car makers. Seat belt, driver seat, sunroof, steering column, cylinder coil, catalytic converter, lower control arms, front rack and finally changed all engines rings and seals for oil consumption problem that they called normal. Cadillac knows there is an oil consumption problem with the SRX. They say it is normal, but this type of oil consumption is not normal for any vehicle. Do NOT purchase this vehicle! I will empty you wallet and the resale value is low. Our government should encourage them to recall these vehicles. At least Toyota took responsibility.

Cadillac do the honorable thing and recall this vehicle for the oil consumption problem. Many people are having a problem.