Used 2005 Cadillac SRX Consumer Reviews - 167 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Cadillac SRX

View reviews for a specific SRX model:

Know Your Car!!
By oliviad1214

2005 Cadillac SRX Rwd 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

There seems to be a lot of frustration when it comes to the oil on this car. When you are driving a luxury car you need to keep up with certain things that you wouldn't need to in a Honda. I have my oil checked after every 100+ mile trip and topped off and get my oil change every 3,000 miles. It's a great reliable car with amazing handling. The gas mileage could be better but no complaints, again a high maintenance vehicle. You need to take care of it though, and commit to regular maintenance, if you can't then you shouldn't be buying luxury.

Interior is extremely comfortable, outstanding turning radius, lots of room for storage!

baseline model could at least have heated seats.

2005 cadillac srx
By jane52

2005 Cadillac SRX Rwd 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

this car has been well taken care of but to be a 2005 very disappoint in 6 months time my power steer went my air compressor all coils plugs and two canister in gas tanks and the catlyer coverter really disappointed in all of this.

Five+ years out
By bernard long

2005 Cadillac SRX Rwd 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Overall, we have enjoyed our SRX. However it is a GM car. Seats very comfortable and after a 16 hour drive from SW FL to DC, we were not even stiff. However, this doesn't compare to Lexus, BMW, MB or Volvo in trim quality, fit and finish. Moreover the drive train is suspect. Replaced the torque converter at just under 50000 miles (warranty); timing chain stretched out due to insufficient lube, I was told, at 70000. N engine is an unannounced oil burner and oil needs changing more quickly than indicated. GM picked up most of the Timing Chain cost ($4000/$4500). Now (75,000) there is strange noise from under the hood and the smell of coolant. I would not again buy any early GM or N engine

I love my Caddy
By sam7759

2005 Cadillac SRX Rwd 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

This is the first Cadillac I ever owned, bought it used from carmax and love it. I never had the oil problem I read about, in fact I change my oil every 5,000 miles and had no problem at all with it. Good over the road, drove it from Los Angeles to Sacramento a few times and had a nice trip every time.

The on board computer and the onstar

I love my SRX.
By Black On Black SRX

2005 Cadillac SRX Rwd 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Okay I love my SRX. I bought it just 5 months ago with 91k on it for trade in value! I cant believe i found a black on black and with the nice 18 in wheels and mine is the only one i've seen with SRX mudflaps on all for tires. I haven't had much trouble with my caddy. it would jump when it idled so i took it in and just a cylinder was misfiring quick fix and my turn bulb had to be replaced. took it to a caddy dealer and they were horrible so i took it to a gmc dealer and they were great. ive put about 9k on it in the 5 months since i got it and i have to say is i only had about 1 quart of oil when i get it changed at 94k but you just have to watch ur oil. I Love My SRX nothing drives better

My huge sunroof, power when i hit the gas and the seats are so comfortable. Gas mileage isn't the worst (Ive owned a H2 lol) i get about 420 a tank hwy. oh and i ran out of room up there but my power sunshade broke last week but really still a great car i'll drive it until the wheels fall off!

Make the heated seats standard. i don't have them. make the rear window washer work. I had to pay to upgrade my onstar to digital which i didn't know until after i bought my car. im young (21) and i only see older ppl driving the srx and i don't know why more ppl should get one. idk about the new srx?