Used 2005 Cadillac SRX Consumer Reviews - 166 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Cadillac SRX

View reviews for a specific SRX model:

I Love My SRX!
By Angel Saraniero

2005 Cadillac SRX Rwd 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I traded in a 2001 Mercedes-Benz C320 for this vehicle. We needed more room because we just had a new baby and all the car seats wouldn't fit. I also wanted something with better handling in the winter than the Mercedes. So I picked the SRX-we added the dual DVD players-so the kids would be thrilled. I got the car with the AWD, which will be great in these harsh upstate NY winters. The only thing I really dislike is the horrible gas mileage. We have taken a few highway roadtrips, and are only averaging 17 mpg highway. Other than that this car is just like an SUV, more room, great layout, family friendly and the sunroof is amazing! I read some reviews here before I bought the SRX and these helped decide me!

Completely Satisfied
By jjmd

2005 Cadillac SRX Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

This automobile has it all. It has plenty of room for the family, yet is loads of fun to drive. The acceleration and handling are like that of a much smaller car. I am sold on the Cadillac brand now and I was quite skeptical when I purchased the car.

Acceleration and handling.

Better gas mileage.

Barely a luxury SUV
By Triple R

2005 Cadillac SRX Rwd 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I just got my 2005 SRX today and found it to be a decent SUV. It has a very attractive exterior and a decent engine. But one you get inside everything disappoints. The "leather" felt more like vinyl and their is way to much rubber and plastic everywere. The entire interior felt cheap. Compared to my parents' Acura MDX has a much more luxurios feel and real leather. I found the engine to be annoyingly loud in comparison to the MDX. I did enjoy the handling of the SRX quite a bit though as it felt like I was driving my TL instead on a Minivan. My biggest gripe is the fact that my friend's Accord (and naturally my TL) are much more luxurious then this "Luxury" SUV. GM's gotta work on interiors.

Great handling for an SUV, comprable to a sports-sedan. Very exciting looking exterior (I love seeing people snap their necks back to look at it as they drive by) kinda like a plump CTS. Roomy hatch, Smooth transmission when in Automatic mode. Love the wood on the steering wheel, it feels real.

Cheap "leather" (feels like vinyl to me), overkill of plastic and rubber in the interior. Sports Shift lags between shifts (Acura's and BMW's react much quicker) Noisy engine (V6). Overly complicated radio. Small cup holders. Awkward seatbelt placement. Small interior (for a luxury-SUV)

4,000 Miles & Counting
By Frank

2005 Cadillac SRX Rwd 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Only negatives include less than optimum visability with rear seats in up position, cargo shade/cover not very durable and limited storage space in real area. The ride at slow and high speeds is exceptional, pick up great and overal handling above average. We just returned from a trip that started in the Atlanta area, to Cleveland, Ohio, Milwaukee, WI, Indianapolis Indiana, through Kentucky, Tennessee and back to Georgia without a hitch. It is just a fun vehicle to drive.

power seats, large sun roof, OnStar, easy to see controls and message center, and radio/cd changer/player.

Improve cargo space, rear cargo shade/cover, rear visability, larger outside mirrors and gas milage.

Back in a Cadillac
By Richard Guizlo

2005 Cadillac SRX Rwd 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

After a ten year hiatus, I decided to give Cadillac another shot, and so far I'm really glad I did. I am really enjoying my SRX. It is a great ride, and so far I have zero complaints. I chose the SRX over BMW X-5 and Infiniti FX35 because I couldn't see paying that much more for those.

OnStar is great! I didn't even know I had a built-in phone until after I had had the car a day or two, and was playing the instructional CD. The people at On-Star are very helpful when you call.

Although I like the looks of the SRX OK, GM needs to work on improving body styling on a lot of their models. More importantly, they need to lead the way in development of the hydrogen-powered vehicles, especially if they're not going to do the hybrids. $3.00 a gallon gas is coming.