Used 2005 Cadillac SRX SUV Consumer Reviews - 165 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Cadillac SRX SUV

View reviews for a specific SRX model:

A Winner for Cadillac
By Drivin' Hard

2005 Cadillac SRX SUV Rwd 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Just finished the first three months of ownership of my new SRX and am very pleased with the car. After testing both the eight cylinder and the six cylinder engines I opted for the 3.5L six and am not at all disappointed since I find the power is totally adequate. It rides and handles well and combines the best of an SUV and a sedan. On long trips it's as comfortable as my '04 Escalade and not as thirsty. Some have criticized the exhaust note, but I find it pleasing and not at all intrusive. So far everything works as advertised with no problems. Cadillac seems to want to make sure it's owners have an overall excellent ownership experience and I'm certainly very satisfied.

The size is optimal and I love the XM radio, the power and the handling. Seats are comfortable even for someone over six feet. The White Diamond paint makes it stand out nicely. IwWish I had opted for the Navigation system, though.

Make the audio/driver info system less complicated and more intuitive and match the controls of the Escalade and the SRX. It's annoying to have remember that the inner button on the wheel controls the volume on the SRX and it's the outer button on the Escalade.

Great car
By Fred Oldencott

2005 Cadillac SRX SUV Rwd 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I have nothing but good things to say about my Cadillac SRX. It is fast enough for me and a comfortable road car. It has a functional interior and superb handling along with decent gas mileage.

This is the first Cadillac that I've owned that doesn't use oil.

Add a powered tailgate.

I love this car. My best Cadillac ever!
By Deb C.

2005 Cadillac SRX SUV Rwd 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

We recently leased this car and are very pleased with it. I traded in my Escalade because it was too big and not good in gas mileage. The SRX has everything that we need and came fully loaded with the exception of the navigation and DVD system. We have are own. It is fun to drive and easy to figure out with the included CD. We love the looks of the car and so does everyone else. There is no other car like it as I have been looking at smaller SUVs and none of them have the cargo space or the looks and options such as the SRX. The 6 Cyl/AWD is great. I have no complaints with this car. The dealership is great as well as the employee discount. This is my first lease program. Works out great!

Easy to get in and out of as my other car was too high. Love the nice size cargo space and the way the car looks and drives. The safety features are helpful. I like the interior as it is easier to keep clean.

Probably the only thing that I would suggest is the optional navigation system and DVD should be on separate option packages. A TV tuner/DVD would be great as I had this on my other car which I enjoyed. Everything else is fine.

Love my SRX
By Jo Ann

2005 Cadillac SRX SUV Rwd 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Since I already owned a Cadillac SLS and a small motor home for traveling, I purchased the SRX for the utility aspect that I needed, instead of a small pickup truck. With the 3rd row seats folded down, the SRX gives me plenty of room to haul small to medium loads. I disagree with Edmunds review of the inside. The wood trim inside as well as the GPS makes my SRX look very impressive. All my friends are blown away by the appearance of the inside as well as the body style. It is the best handling vehicle I have ever owned. It has quick response, excellent stability control, automatic all wheel drive drive in case I get stuck in the Florida sand. Ultra view moon roof is such a luxury.

The way this vehicle drives is excellent.

The GPS, CD/DVD, and vehicle information systems should be separate. There are too many complicated options when everything is combined into one unit.

I Love My SRX!
By Angel Saraniero

2005 Cadillac SRX SUV Rwd 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I traded in a 2001 Mercedes-Benz C320 for this vehicle. We needed more room because we just had a new baby and all the car seats wouldn't fit. I also wanted something with better handling in the winter than the Mercedes. So I picked the SRX-we added the dual DVD players-so the kids would be thrilled. I got the car with the AWD, which will be great in these harsh upstate NY winters. The only thing I really dislike is the horrible gas mileage. We have taken a few highway roadtrips, and are only averaging 17 mpg highway. Other than that this car is just like an SUV, more room, great layout, family friendly and the sunroof is amazing! I read some reviews here before I bought the SRX and these helped decide me!