Used 2005 Cadillac SRX Consumer Reviews - 167 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Cadillac SRX

View reviews for a specific SRX model:

My SRX
By Sweets

2005 Cadillac SRX Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

I love my new Cadillac SRX. It is the most comfortable SUV that I have ever ridden in or driven. I know they say they are going to make improvements, but as far as I am concerned, it dosen't need any.

Dissapointed
By Jim Prunty

2005 Cadillac SRX Rwd 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

The 2005 Cadillac SRX is a very nice truck if you own a gas station. With today's technolgy, 12 MPG city and 18 highway is unthinkable for this vehicle. A Tahoe gets better mileage! The sunroof is a very nice fearure, but the 3rd row seats are a joke.

The Bose stereo with XM satellite radio.

Improve the gas mileage.

A Winner for Cadillac
By Drivin' Hard

2005 Cadillac SRX Rwd 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Just finished the first three months of ownership of my new SRX and am very pleased with the car. After testing both the eight cylinder and the six cylinder engines I opted for the 3.5L six and am not at all disappointed since I find the power is totally adequate. It rides and handles well and combines the best of an SUV and a sedan. On long trips it's as comfortable as my '04 Escalade and not as thirsty. Some have criticized the exhaust note, but I find it pleasing and not at all intrusive. So far everything works as advertised with no problems. Cadillac seems to want to make sure it's owners have an overall excellent ownership experience and I'm certainly very satisfied.

The size is optimal and I love the XM radio, the power and the handling. Seats are comfortable even for someone over six feet. The White Diamond paint makes it stand out nicely. IwWish I had opted for the Navigation system, though.

Make the audio/driver info system less complicated and more intuitive and match the controls of the Escalade and the SRX. It's annoying to have remember that the inner button on the wheel controls the volume on the SRX and it's the outer button on the Escalade.

Great car
By Fred Oldencott

2005 Cadillac SRX Rwd 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I have nothing but good things to say about my Cadillac SRX. It is fast enough for me and a comfortable road car. It has a functional interior and superb handling along with decent gas mileage.

This is the first Cadillac that I've owned that doesn't use oil.

Add a powered tailgate.

I love this car. My best Cadillac ever!
By Deb C.

2005 Cadillac SRX Rwd 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

We recently leased this car and are very pleased with it. I traded in my Escalade because it was too big and not good in gas mileage. The SRX has everything that we need and came fully loaded with the exception of the navigation and DVD system. We have are own. It is fun to drive and easy to figure out with the included CD. We love the looks of the car and so does everyone else. There is no other car like it as I have been looking at smaller SUVs and none of them have the cargo space or the looks and options such as the SRX. The 6 Cyl/AWD is great. I have no complaints with this car. The dealership is great as well as the employee discount. This is my first lease program. Works out great!

Easy to get in and out of as my other car was too high. Love the nice size cargo space and the way the car looks and drives. The safety features are helpful. I like the interior as it is easier to keep clean.

Probably the only thing that I would suggest is the optional navigation system and DVD should be on separate option packages. A TV tuner/DVD would be great as I had this on my other car which I enjoyed. Everything else is fine.