Used 2005 Cadillac SRX Consumer Reviews - 166 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Cadillac SRX

View reviews for a specific SRX model:

2005 Cadillac SRX AWD V8
By Mike

2005 Cadillac SRX Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

The 2005 Cadillac SRX has excellent handling and is very quick and very stable in all driving conditions. The cabin is very comfortable, we have a 6'2" son who can sit comfortably in the back seat. We enjoy the sunroof a lot.

The Bose Stereo, extended sunroof, seat heaters and accessibility.

The gas mileage is terrible (@ 12mpg) and it could use back seat seat heaters.

I wish I could be as enthusiastic...
By I like cars

2005 Cadillac SRX Rwd 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

The SRX is good, but many things about it bother me. With no magnetic ride control and standard tires, there is something weird in the handling. Bumps and uneven pavement throw it slightly off line requiring steering correction. The steering is heavy and dead feeling with AWD. For tall guys, the steering wheel is too far away. We have squeaks and rattles. Normal aceleration falls flat at 40 mph when it shifts into 4th gear, requiring you to add more throttle, a nuisance. The engine sounds more like an appliance than a car.

I like the excellent brakes, excellent leather, memory seats, ease of oil and filterchange, and adjustable pedals (although they need more range for tall people).

Better standard handling, improve paint job to Toyota standards, better build quality, improve interior space, and improve the rock hard seats that lack lower back support. Give it better transmission gear calibration. Improve the drving position for tall people. Improve the gas mileage, 16-17 suburban, 19-20 hwy.

Disappointed Owner
By Bettsey Arnold

2005 Cadillac SRX Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

There are several things that I do not like about the 2005 Cadillac SRX. There are quite a few blind spots that are safety concerns. The passenger seat and back seats are very uncomfortable. I have owned other Cadillacs and I am so very disappointed with this one. I am thinking of trading it in for a GMC Yukon or Ford Explorer.

2005 Cadillac SRX AWD
By Edwin3130

2005 Cadillac SRX Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

Driving this vehicle on tips is a pleasure The handling is excellent even in wintry conditions. Passing on two lane roads is a joy. It accelerates quickly and you spend a minimum amount of time in the wrong lane. On ice and snow it is very stable.

This is the first vehicle I have owned that I do not get a sore back on extended trips. The seating is excellent and the controls are convenient.

Wider pockets on the doors a few more cup holders.

My SRX
By Sweets

2005 Cadillac SRX Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

I love my new Cadillac SRX. It is the most comfortable SUV that I have ever ridden in or driven. I know they say they are going to make improvements, but as far as I am concerned, it dosen't need any.