Used 2004 Cadillac SRX SUV Consumer Reviews - 201 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2004 Cadillac SRX SUV

View reviews for a specific SRX model:

Two Rears Driving the Cadillac SRX
By Anderson

2004 Cadillac SRX SUV Rwd 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

The Cadillac SRX is a great open road vehicle. It gets 26 MPG on long trips. Its city gas mileage is not so good though at around 16 MPG. This truck is fun to drive, has great power for a V6, and has excellent styling. Its negatives are the unconfortable back seat (too stiff and upright), the V6 is noisy when accelerating, the information center controls are difficult to operate, the very wide door sills makes graceful entry difficult for women and puts dirt on men's slack bottoms, there is no adjustment for the shoulder belt height (where it contacts the neck), and no power opener for the rear hatch. Also, mine has some door rattles at 35,000 miles. I would still buy/lease another SRX, but with a V8.

The responsive handling, very tight turning radius, aggressive body design, and comfortable front seats. I also like how the SRX's ride is smooth for a cross-over vehicle.

Change the door sill design, simplify the information center controls, improve the back seats, provide better insulation for the noisy V6 engine.

The Best Yet
By c bowie

2004 Cadillac SRX SUV Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

After owning a Cadillac CTS, I decided to upgrade to an SRX. It is the best all around vehicle that I have seen for comfort ,style and performance.

My favorite feature, that's hard to say because it's all good, but the handling and Magna ride are outstanding. The Navigation system is awesome, too.

Great Fun - Tons of Room
By MP

2004 Cadillac SRX SUV Rwd 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I have been lucky enough to have an SRX for the past 2 years. I have 4 children, so my choice for a vehicle is limited by the "seats=6" factor. I have a Chrysler Town & Country that's great for a minivan, but completely not fun. I spend over 4 hours a day in the SRX and it is fantastic. It has become difficult for me to get comfortable in other vehicles. For a V6, it does everything I ask it to do quickly and quietly. A yound woman co- worker who was riding in the car actually burst out with a "NICE!" during heavy on-ramp acceleration. The AWD is great as it makes the rear slide a tiny bit in cornering so there is no understeer. Test drive one and you'll never buy a Toyota!

The sunroof feels almost like a convertible (like the old T-Tops). The seats are fantastic. I have people who prefer the second-row because of how much room it has and how there is no dashboard in the way (I'm 6'4" so my seat is all the way back, too). I love the 2nd row DVD especially the IR headsets (needs monitor for the 3rd row).

It absolutely needs a POWER lift-gate. The floor mats move around (one of those hooks to hold them in place would be great). I'd prefer the roof rails to be hidden when not in use, like the with the VW Touareg. Goofy: I spend $44,000 on the car, and they want to charge me $95 for mud flaps, and $149 for the roof cross-beams.

SRX
By Tom

2004 Cadillac SRX SUV Rwd 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

The Cadillac SRX is an awesome car, SUV whatever. It is very comfortable and is a great on road vehicle.

Everything. The seats are excellent with lots of front leg room. The ride is great and handles very well in the mountains.

Add more CD storage and some rear hidden compartments.

Never Thought I Would Love a Caddy!
By LPC

2004 Cadillac SRX SUV Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

I had just about given up on American cars until I found the Cadillac SRX. Being a picky person with many ideal features I never thought I would find the perfect vehicle. I wanted performance, luxury, and utility plus 7 seats to tote around kids and their friends. Living in a hilly NY area, I needed AWD too. Until the SRX, this combination just did not exist. I was a little weary about American cars, I decided to test drive it and fell in love. The power is just unbelievable and the quality is top notch. It feels so solid compared to our Volvo S60 - they are not in the same league at all. I drive it hard and it responds. I just have a blast and there is plenty of luxury to boot. It handles like a sports sedan.

The acceleration, handling, and ride are perfect - taught yet luxurious. I'm not sure how they pulled it off! this vehicle is great in snow. I love the fact that it has room for 7. It is a little tight but great for kids in back. I enjoy the luxury appointments. It's just plain fun to drive!

I would love a power lift gate, side curtain airbags for 3rd row, and an iPod connection.