Used 2004 Cadillac SRX Consumer Reviews - 201 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2004 Cadillac SRX

View reviews for a specific SRX model:

Used SRX
By Rollie J

2004 Cadillac SRX Rwd 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

We were going to purchase a new HHR but the local dealer was less than helpful so I saw this SRX advertised and it was about the same price as the Chevy. My wife fell in love with it and it is one of the most solid cars that I have owned. Very quiet and smooth on the highway, but also responsive around town. We couldn't be more pleased with the car.

It is very solid to drive. No rattles or squeaks [it has 49k on it] and everything works like new. Love the presets for drivers 1 and 2. My wife is 5'2" and I am 5' 10". It is nice to use my remote or key and have the seat where I don't crack my knee getting in the car.

Leave out the center headrest on the middle seats as it blocks rear vision. I have left mine in the garage.

SRX Smokes
By DavisFamily

2004 Cadillac SRX Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

Great car to drive. Drive both the V8 and V6...big diff. with the 8 in performance, little diff. in fuel economy. Tight suspension, similar feel to the Acura we traded. I would highly recommend.

Performance, premium sound

Easier to use sound system

Big Piece of Junk
By earle

2004 Cadillac SRX Rwd 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

This was the worse vehicle that we have ever purchased. During the time that we owned this SUV, it was in the shop for repairs constantly. Unfortunately, after this experience, we will never purchase another GM car. We just purchased a new Lexus RX400h and love it. There is a huge difference in quality and it is worth the difference in price.

Worst Car I've Ever Owned
By Joe

2004 Cadillac SRX Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

This is the worst vehicle I've ever owned. It has had too many problems to list, but they include the audio computer programed for a CTS, the wrong seat installed, water leaks, power window failures, etc. I can't believe Cadillac put it's name on this car. Too bad because I love the looks both inside and out. It's comfortable on the highway and very pleasant to drive anywhere. It could have better gas mileage, though. It's the right size and has good storage capacity. I've had lots of people admire it and ask how I like it. Too bad I have to tell them what a lemon it is.

The styling and comfort. I've got the V8 and it has plenty of power.

Use quality materials! Take some pride in assembly! There's no excuse for a Cadillac to be delivered with a water leak and the wrong seat installed (or any of the other defects).

Roomy Rocket
By BigMan

2004 Cadillac SRX Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

I am 6'5" and did not fit in 90% of the vehicles I tested. If you have similar issues, check this car out. I fit like a glove. The adjustable pedals and seat make it a perfect fit. I bought this car certified used and am quite please after 1500 miles. I never considered an SUV until a test drive and I was hooked. The transmission shifts smoothly and it will go on command at any speed. It is dangerously fast. The speed and feel on any road conditions makes the fun to drive index off the charts. You almost have to be careful. I don't find the interior cheap looking as others have suggested. The MPG ratings are BS. I have averaged about 15 MPG in mixed driving. I don't pass many gas stations.

The leg and head room. The power of the V8 engine, Bose stereo, and smooth shifting transmission. The fun to drive index is off the charts.

The steering wheel should telescope. Chrome wheels would be nice. It should get better gas mileage or have a larger gas tank. From my experience, the real MPG ratings are about 12 MPG city/18 MPG highway. I would prefer th have heater/AC controls on steering wheel instead of OnStar which I do not use.