Used 2004 Cadillac SRX SUV Consumer Reviews - 201 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2004 Cadillac SRX SUV

View reviews for a specific SRX model:

An Example why GM needs bailout money
By Marco Man

2004 Cadillac SRX SUV Rwd 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

After my wife totalled our 2002 Mitsubishi Montero (which she drove for 7 years without 1 issue) we decided to buy the SRX. Why? It ONLY had 52k miles on it, and it had a 6 year 100k warranty. So here is where the fun begins (not really). 1st week, both rear windows stopped working, rear seats ratted, engine light came on, outside mirrors stopped working and engine was making weird noise. Luckily it was all covered under warranty. In the end, 11 parts were replaced INCLUDING 2 timing chains. Remember this car had only 52k miles on it and was certified pre owned. In the end, seats still rattle, and outside mirrors still dont quite work right. COME ON GM, make a car like the Japanese.

Wanted to also say, this our first American car we have owned since the early 90's and we will probably sell it soon due to poor mileage and reliability. Drives nice, looks good, Bose system

Gas mileage (currently getting 15) fit and finish, fix rattling, use better parts. Now I see why GM needs govt money. I hate to say it, but they should be out of business because they build such bad cars. Dont get me started on the Potiac Grand Am they gave me as a loaner for 4 days.

Great used car for the $$$
By SeminoleCadi

2004 Cadillac SRX SUV Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

AWD transmission could be smoother. Has some interior noises at 48k miles. Bose system is grreat!

Bose Audio, V8, AWD.

Refined transmission, xenon headlights.

Last Cadillac for me.
By Skylar10

2004 Cadillac SRX SUV Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

Have not been pleased with this Cadillac. I had never owned a Cadillac and I can truthfully this will be the last one. The transmission is extremely rough shifting at lower speeds - normal says the dealer. When it is cold -has real trouble shifting from reverse into drive -dealer can never duplicate this problem when I take it in. It uses a QT of oil every 1000 miles - no leaks and this is normal per the dealer . The check engine light goes on and off but the dealer can't find out why. Panaramic sunroof makes lots of noise - dealer can't seem to fix that problem either. Throttle body and fuel pump both had to be replaced at 50k.

Smooth ride

Fix transmission issues

04 Cadillac SRX AWD 6CYL
By Jaymzhulk

2004 Cadillac SRX SUV Rwd 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I love everything about this car. Looks, performance, toys, handling, everything.

Panoramic sun roof and 3rd row seat.

Better gas mileage would be a huge plus but not a deterent from getting my to buy another.

Love My SRX
By moveebuff

2004 Cadillac SRX SUV Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

We went to the Lexus dealership to test drive a RX300 and while they were getting it ready, I spotted the SRX and asked to take it for a test drive because I loved how it looked. Bought it right after the test drive. Just love driving it. I love the versatility of the 3rd row, the sunroof is amazing. Second row is slightly higher (theater seating) which pax really like. Great sound system. The only negative is the paint on the roof rack is peeling. I also had a leak in the jack storage compartment which the Lexus dealership paid to have fixed. I would never buy a brand new SRX because of the cost, but this one was 3 years old and had depreciated to $22k. Looks brand new!

Ultra View Skylight, seat comfort, leg room and sound system

Paint quality, front visibility is obscured but you do get used to it.