Used 2004 Cadillac SRX Consumer Reviews - 202 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2004 Cadillac SRX

View reviews for a specific SRX model:

Luxurious & Reliable, worth every penny!
By bobscadisrx04

2004 Cadillac SRX Rwd 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I never thought I would enjoy a crossover vehicle as much as the Cadillac Srx! The performance is amazing, I always tell people it's like driving a luxury tank around. Very safe and handles like a dream. Not crazy about the gas mileage, but that's my only complaint. The seats are amazingly comfortable, and the features are impressive. I don't have the sunrooof, but almost every other feature, and it's been a great car for me. I owned an Audi before, and will never go back. Cadillac is the way to go!

Smooth ride, AWD, Heated seats, comfortable interior

Better Gas Mileage

Would buy another
By thuff

2004 Cadillac SRX Rwd 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my 2004 in 2005 and it went in the shop a few times for this or that but was always taken care of. always given a Cadillac replacement vehicle but my only complaint are that the turn light go out a lot because they are running lights also. I love my car my wife has a convertible mustang and we always take my car because of comfort it rides like a dream the a/c is so good it will make you cold on a day of temps over 100 degrees. Id buy another in a minute!

the a/c and heated seats

the running light should be the turn signals and, if they are, make the bulb easy to change. which it is not!

Never Again
By Super T

2004 Cadillac SRX Rwd 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

After owning Acura, Lexus and BMW vehicles we decided to try a Cadillac since we thought the SRX was for us. What a mistake. GM still doesn't get it. The sunroof had a rattle that could never be fixed. Gaps were found in the body panels that were letting water in and causing mold. You couldn't get out of the car without wiping your leg on the rocker below the door.

Memory functions. Size of the panoramic sunroof.

Build quality. No wonder GM went bankrupt.

What a piece of
By rick

2004 Cadillac SRX Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

This vehicle has stranded us on the side of the road 5 times in 3 years. The same symptoms but dealer always says it's a different sensor. Got Cad corp involved and they tell me that with such high millage (73k) it's bound to happen. I have had to even change the steering col due to failure. Even had NHSTA recalls but they said it doesn't apply to my vin. This is the worst car I have ever owned except my 1965 Plymouth Barracuda 40 years ago. do not trust Moore Cad or cad corp.

My wife begged for this one. Boy is she sorry she didn't take my advice and get the Lexus.

buy infinity or lexus or ford or honda or anything else.

I tried to love it...
By Julie

2004 Cadillac SRX Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

When I first saw this car, I immediately fell in love with the design. The sunroof is amazing, the shape of the car and body style is beautiful... but that's where it ended for me! I have only owned this car for 6 months, but it has been in the shop over 10 times for various expensive repairs... new cat converters, new air ride suspension, 2 new power steering columns, various wiring issues, new spark plugs and coils... it has cost us thousands in repairs, not to mention the hassle of dropping it off at the shop approx every 2-3 weeks! This is definitely not the quiality a cadillac should be!

The car looks good!

Improve absolutely everything except the appearance... I can't even trade this thing in because the check engine light comes on every few days and there goes more money!