Used 2003 Cadillac Seville Consumer Reviews - 27 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2003 Cadillac Seville

View reviews for a specific Seville model:

Traded
By nh resident

2003 Cadillac Seville SLS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I just traded the car after two years. It had the most beautiful interior of any vehicle I've ever owned, but constantly had things going wrong after the warranty ran out. The water pump went at 51K, the seat warmer at 53K, the seat control at 57K and a sensor in the transmission at 66k that would cost $2K to replace (don't think anything was actually wrong with transmission). This last one was the final straw, and I sold it. For two people though, it was a wonderful road cruiser.

Seat comfort. Quiet powerful ride. Beautiful wood dash/leather environment. Stabilitrak/Onstar.

Back seat and trunk both too small. Sort of too low to the ground for aging folks getting in and out. Low road clearance.

Small Cadi with a V8...COOL
By T Pascucci

2003 Cadillac Seville STS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Used Cadillac is a great value (recommend certified used); a blast to drive, sharp looks, shifts beautifully, lots of toys.

V8 power when you need or want it, great looking car, Bose system. Really didn't want Pearl White but it does look good.

Too much dashboard information displayed constantly warning me of something. Service engine soon light seems to be "stuck" (oxygen sensor, what the hell is that!)

'03 STS
By Steven Jerome

2003 Cadillac Seville STS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This is my third STS and by far the best. I also had a '96 and a '98. This car's beautiful lines and aggressive wheels and tires make a great first impression. Mine has every option except navigation. It is very smooth, luxurious, and classy. It's much better than the Mercedes E430 that I traded in in every aspect. I am extremely satisfid with this car.

I like the magnetic suspension, 17" chrome wheels, zebrano wood trim throughout, Bose audio system, high quality of the leather seating surfaces, power and fuel economy, and standard features. The Northstar V8 is sweet and takes 87 octane.

The Magnasteer power steering feels a little strange at times. More headroom would be nice (I'm 6'4"). I'd gladly give up some trunk space for extra rear leg room. It should have a full size spare.

LOVE It
By Matthew

2003 Cadillac Seville STS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

We had a '98 STS and loved it, but my partner's brother wanted to buy it so we sold it to him. We just purchased an '03 STS about two weeks ago and love it. This one unlike our first one is loaded. It has a sunroof, navigation, back up sensors, and OnStar. We love this car. We will never get rid of it. Its got 34,000 miles on it and still has factory warranty. We had a new 2006 Mercedes R350, their new crossover vehicle. It was junk. They had to buy it back because they couldnt fix it. We also just bought one of the last new '06 Yukons. We had an '04 but sold it. This one also has nav, rear DVD, sunroof, Denali, and OnStar. We will stick with GM for life. Thanks for making such great cars.

EVERYTHING! Especially the Navigation system and OnStar. I don't know why every automaker doesn't use OnStar but many are contracting with GM for it!

Nothing!

Fun to Drive
By Fred

2003 Cadillac Seville STS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

We live in Montana, lots of open road. Great acceleration even on the hills. Corners well, fun to drive. Fuel economy is about 25 mpg over 2000 miles driven. Smooth shifting. Great gadgets, stereo is the best I've ever had. Quiet ride even on bad roads. Handles very well in snow and ice.

Can't make up my mind on this one. I like so much about it. Ride comfort, acceleration and handling have to be it.

Needs a little more leg room, I'm 6'2" and a little bit cramped. My Taurus had better leg room.