Skip to main content

4 out of 5 stars

Very Fast / Sips Fuel

vicar, 08/05/2005
SLS 4dr Sedan

My 1995 Cadillac Seville does 0-60 in 6.6 sec., which is quick by any standard. There are lots of embarrassed hotshots driving Infiniti G35s, Infiniti FX35s, some elderly Camaros & Mustangs wondering what happened. Also, noted a number of complaints regarding fuel mileage - my experience is just the opposite- I can't believe a vehicle with this kind of performance gets 19.8 mpg in mixed city driving and 26 to 28 mpg at 70 to 80 mph on the highway. Amazing- or maybe I have a light foot. My 2005 Honda CRV gets 21 mpg in the city and 26 to 28 mpg on the highway and it sure doesn't crank like the Caddy.

5 out of 5 stars

Love this car

rick, 11/13/2008
SLS 4dr Sedan

I'm not rich so I have to wait years before I can get the car I want. I found this car with 80,000 miles on it a one owner and looks bring new. Still has the sicker price from 1995, $46,720 that was a lot of money for a car. But now that I got one it's worth every penny of that. The Bose system is great. The gas mileage is OK 20.4 in town. I would buy a new one today if I could afford it.

4.63 out of 5 stars

Just bought my SECOND SLS!

akvavit, 10/23/2012
SLS 4dr Sedan

I fell in love with the Seville the first time I saw on in the mid 1990s. I bought my first, a 1994 SLS in 2002, Blue/Blue, 24k miles, yes 8 years old and 24k miles. Loved the car for 6 years and over 100k miles until it developed a bad engine knock in NWT, Canada. Did not have the funds or service option so I sold it cheap. The only major problem I had with the car was oil leaks, which I have heard is common w/Northstar. Wasted 2-4 grand trying to fix it. Last month I bought my second SLS, a 1995 Green/beige w/carriage top. This one had only 21.4k miles anc cost $5,000. A new Civic at the dealership was $20 grand. No brainer!!

4.63 out of 5 stars

My Cadi SLS

Jim, 07/20/2008
SLS 4dr Sedan

I have had the car since almost new. It has needed a few repairs fuel pump after 10 years, HVAC blower/fan blower motor after 10 years, engine fan after 13 years. I don't regard these as major items. The vehicle rides great (after replacing sway bar bushings $10) these make the car sound so much better after going over bumps. Should be replaced every few years as they get hard and allow the noise to get in. Car is excellent! I would purchase another when I think there is no more life in this one.

3 out of 5 stars

Served me well....until warranty ran out

brenda clark, 08/20/2003
SLS 4dr Sedan

Was treated royally by dealership until warranty ran out. Air conditioner problems were "treated" with the most expensive options and finally solved with an $89.00 outside temperature sensor. Now the temperature adjusts to the setting rather than blowing out hot air at a 65 degree setting. Have had blower motor replaced twice and compressor twice, both not the solution at my expense of over $3,000, as I was told this would "fix the problem". Not so...the $89 part fixed it. Don't go to dealers with your problems.