The 2017 Cadillac Escalade is unique among luxury SUVs for its large size, powerful engine and bold styling, but it comes up a bit short in terms of refinement and convenience.
- More than enough power from the standard 6.2-liter V8 engine
- Luxurious cabin remains pleasantly quiet in nearly any circumstance
- Optional second-row bench increases seating capacity to eight
- Impressive towing abilities that most competitors can't match.
- Truck-based chassis translates into a less refined ride quality
- High cargo floor makes loading more difficult
- Third-row seats are uncomfortable even for children
- The infotainment system can sometimes be frustrating.