Used 2007 Cadillac Escalade SUV Consumer Reviews - 84 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Cadillac Escalade SUV

View reviews for a specific Escalade model:

Verdict's Still Out
By First Caddy Owner

2007 Cadillac Escalade SUV 4dr SUV AWD (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

I bought this vehicle in April '06. I loved the new style. The remote start and remote lift gate are great! Navigation and XM radio also great. I also love the climate-controlled front seats, heated steering wheel, and heated rear seats. GM still can't figure out flat folding 3rd seats though! And no auto up windows? Come on! Also, I hate that it has no telescoping steering wheel. My driver door had rattle since day one. I have been to dealer five times, and they can't stop it. Now I have a vibration in the front dash, too. And, the brakes squeak terribly in cool, damp weather! The dealer looked at them twice and says nothing can be done. This is my fourth GM vehicle, but first with squeaky brakes - and it's a Caddy. Overall, I like the vehicle, but am not sure that I'd get another one

The remote start and lift gate, XM radio, climate controlled seats, and heated steering wheel. This vehicle looks great with its new design. I get lots of compliments on it.

Fix the squeaky brakes and rattles! Find a way to fold 3rd seats flat! Offer a telescoping steering wheel and auto up windows. This is a luxury SUV with a hefty price tag, quit trying to cut corners.

Perfect Blend
By great blend

2007 Cadillac Escalade SUV 4dr SUV AWD (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

I have the 2007 AWD Escalade and if I had to sum it up the words would be "perfect blend." This SUV has more power than any other I have driven, so when I read that it is under powered by other reviews I don't know what their comparing it to? Maybe the Corvette. The improvements in the interior is one the main reasons I bought this vehicle. The nav system is very fast and full of information, while the Bose stereo system sounds incredible, the plasma screen DVD players in front and back are crystal clear. I have the optional 22" rims and to me this SUV still has a smooth ride and takes bumps well. So I say to people who consider this SUV compare apples to apples and you won't be disappointed.

The entertainment system, powerful engine, interior/exterior styling, amenities, power lift gate, cherry wood trim, 22" rims, interior space, and power folding seats.

Offer Bluetooth.

Nice Drive
By ike

2007 Cadillac Escalade SUV 4dr SUV AWD (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

I have had this vehicle for about six months, and I have to say that it is the best vehicle that I have ever owned. My last vehicle was an Expedition, and the motor, driving, interior, exterior of the Escalade are many times better. Great job in making me look so good while driving my vehicle. Just one thing bothers me, actually two. One is the fact that a vehicle like mine does not have a fuel button! I have to go outside:( and the engine key is so not "Cadillac", while other lesser vehicles have push button start ups, and all sort of nice keys, Cadillacs is disappointing. Besides that, this is the best large SUV on the freeway.

The rear view camera, folding seats, and a/c seats.

Upgrade the keys. On steering wheel there is a button not used, how about using it for the fuel door.

Thin Plastic Seems to be in Style
By Kriller

2007 Cadillac Escalade SUV 4dr SUV AWD (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

I haven't sold my '04 Escalade yet and I can't wait to get rid of my '07 model so that I can sit comfortably again. How could GM switch the comfy seats for these cardboard-ones? I got tired after driving for an hour, bumping around on roads I used to think were smooth, having my thoughts drowned in the engine, road, wind, and interior-noise! The Cashmere interior is too bright and will look old in six months.. It still has no flat folding 3rd row seats. And it still has no telescoping steering wheel.. Even though the styling is generally improved (mostly in the exterior front, the back looks like any GMC-truck) the over-sleekness of the interior came with a price - loss of personality. The engine sounds impressive, but lacks the power to impress. Overall this truck has a cheep feeling.

The exterior styling of the hood / grill.

Bring back the old seats! Cadillac used to have the best seats money could buy! Get rid of the ridiculous, loose center-console. Make the truck feel comfortable and luxurious again!

About the AC
By gap2006

2007 Cadillac Escalade SUV 4dr SUV AWD (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

I purchased my 2007 Cadillac Escalade in March '06 when it was first released and have put about 10,000 miles on it. It's been flawless in every way and all the tech gadgets work the way they are supposed to. As far as climate control, I already suffered through a long heat wave with temps above 100 and the AC performed flawlessly. You can start the car remotely and by the time you get in it it will have already cooled down considerably. Once you get in and blast the AC and ventilated seats you will be pretty cold. Anyway, I look forward to your feedback as to how it actually performs in your area. Good luck.

Remote start, how the smart navigation system doesn't shut down completely when driving unlike Lexus, auto high beams, how the OnStar phone hooks up to a Verizon account to save money, the heated/ventilated seats, extremely adjustable driver's seat (I'm 5'3" and sit high in the saddle), and how people turn their heads when you go by!