Used 2007 Cadillac Escalade Consumer Reviews - 84 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Cadillac Escalade

View reviews for a specific Escalade model:

Great Wheels
By Hilbilly

2007 Cadillac Escalade 4dr SUV AWD (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

Got my new 'Slade about a month ago. So far has 1000 miles. Love the power and comfort. The 403 hp enables me to quickly pass just about anything but a gas station. But I knew what I was in for and am pleasantly surprised by the highway mileage of 19 mpg. Around town it's less but that's the price you pay. Seats are very comfortable and long drives are no problem. Love the audio/nav system and the muted ride when the road is a bit rough. But it's still a truck. That said, there's absolutely no other vehicle I’d rather have than this one. Three friend recently bought Toyota Sequoia, Lexus GX and Aston Martin. I'll take my Escalade over them any day.

Power, looks, comfort. The Nav/audio system is tops. Good front area storage in console. Sitting up high is a real nice feature in heavy traffic.

Where is the "flash to pass" system? Why not a jack to plug in my ipod? How soon before we get Independent rear suspension?

Absolutely Horrible
By THEKID

2007 Cadillac Escalade 4dr SUV AWD (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

I have had this car for under a year, and I have never had a car need to go to service more in my life. I have had the brakes serviced 7 times already. It seems like one thing after another goes wrong, and for what you pay, I am horrified with the amount of time I have to deal getting the car serviced. I got it for the children, but what a mistake. I wish I had my 5 series back. Please do not get this vechicle it is the worst waste of money! The inside and exterior look is the only positive about this, but I want to be able to drive a car not just look at it in the driveway. I hope this helps you all!

Interior room, cooled seats (when working), 400+ hp engine

Allow people to use the navigation while driving. The molding catches on the passenger door. Brakes!

'07 Escalade
By Brandon James

2007 Cadillac Escalade 4dr SUV (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

Had it for about 1 1/2 months. Drive it as often as I can. Always look forwad to getting into it. The ride is smooth, quite and comfortable.

XM radio. Bose sound system sounds fantastic. Automatic trunk lift and folding seats are a great option as well. The instrument cluster is easy to read and looks great..

Soundproof the headliner better, tends to rattle. Fuel economy can stand some improvement. Why is the battery on the passenger side and not in the front like on the Tahoe?. There is a huge open space for it.

Denali is a better buy
By Tony

2007 Cadillac Escalade 4dr SUV AWD (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

I love the interior and exterior. The transmission is jumpy/bangs at "traffic/lower speeds" (stop/go @ 10mph and less. I've averaged about 11.5 mpg and have about 5500 miles on the vehicle so far. The wind noise on the drivers side is very pronounced. I don't buy the excuse that it's the mirrors as it's not 1/2 as loud on the passengers side. Overall I wish I had stuck with a new Denali XL or gone with the Benz GL.

Interior, AC, seats, power

Auto up windows (how did they get away with not having this basic feature. Transmission shifts should be "cleaner". Though interior is much improved clock is cheap

Lux SUV
By jack cosgrove

2007 Cadillac Escalade 4dr SUV (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

The vehicle is nothing less than spectacular. I bought it for my wife who is totally enamored with the looks, ride and performance. I opted for the 20" wheels, which saved acouple of bucks, and were a little unique, a good mix for ride quality.

Navigation. Bose THX sound system. 20 inch wheels