Used 2007 Cadillac Escalade SUV Consumer Reviews - 84 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Cadillac Escalade SUV

View reviews for a specific Escalade model:

I bought a Luxury Truck!
By 2Escalades

2007 Cadillac Escalade SUV 4dr SUV AWD (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

As this is now my second Escalade I do not believe as of now I will own anything else. Unless they come out with something that can beat the gas mileage. The exterior is great, the ride is amazing and all it takes is a small tap on the gas and you feel the 400 HP. As of right now GM has built a vehicle that is reliable and something that I know I can trust with my life and anyone that rides in it.

Rear DVD, touch screen navigation, horsepower.

Fix the third row.

Escalade - What an SUV!
By rsjmmp

2007 Cadillac Escalade SUV 4dr SUV (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

I've never thought to own a Cadillac ever! Oh, what a complete joy to drive this Escalade! I was going to get the new BMW X5, now I'm so glad that I got the Escalade instead. This is by far the best SUV on the market - best looking, most power and everything you wanted inside. My whole family loves it - my husband, my two little kids and of course myself. I am exited to drive it everyday. Yes, GM knows how to make an SUV!

The look, the interior and the Nav system.

Steering wheel not only goes up and down, but also can pull towards the driver.

07 Escalade - great SUV
By Nick Slade

2007 Cadillac Escalade SUV 4dr SUV AWD (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

My only complaint was the noise from towing a trailer. The sound of the hitch rattling was transmited into the cab. The ride in the cabin is so quiet and refined. The sound of the trailer was very appparent.

The seating followed close by horsepower. Headlights. Luxury sound system. Interior.

Isolate the trailer hitch

Segment Leader
By xcesshp

2007 Cadillac Escalade SUV 4dr SUV AWD (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

Purchased Dec'06 about 17000 miles so far. Only 2 issues, battery died first month, and heated seats didn't work even though cooled function worked, both fixed without further incident. The interior is user friendly and car-like, exudes luxury, huge improvement over previous generation. Very comfy seats. AC strong and cold in 100+ temps. 11mpg mixed 19mpg highway. My particular truck doesn't suffer the excessive wind noise but did notice it on the loaner. Changing from a CLK55AMG overall pleased with the vehicle. No vehicle is perfect, everyone has different needs. For overall combination of size, power, handling, luxury and utility, this is currently the segment leader.

Exterior look, power liftgate, electrolumenescent guages, smooth V8/tranny/403hp, touchscreen DVD nav surround system, remote engine start, handling/ride/turning radius, large side mirrors, heated/cooled seats, rear backup camera, 22" wheels, heated steering wheel, OnStar when address not on DVD

XM Nav traffic, heads up display, fold flat 3rd row without sacrificing cargo height space, power tilt/telescoping steering wheel, 2nd row legroom, express up/down all windows, more storage, MP3 integration/hard drive based NAV, console big enough for laptop or cooler for drinks, push button start

Bad Luck
By ggc

2007 Cadillac Escalade SUV 4dr SUV AWD (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

I had the misfortune of choosing probably the worst Escalade in the lot. When I see all these "10" ratings in performance form other customers, I just feel like crying. Just bought a 2007 Escalade. I always wanted to have a Cadillac. I had a Navigator before (which I loved ) but the new ones are so ugly.. The Escalade is so impresive and beautiful.. But is probably the worst ride I ever had...starting with the loud wind noise, busy and rough shifting and having to "step on it" to get some kind of speed. I regret this buy big time. Dealer cannot "reproduce" the problem. I wany my Chrysler Pacifica back!

Elegant exterior, navigation system, seats

Wind noise, smoother shift, ride etc