Used 2007 Cadillac Escalade Consumer Reviews - 84 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Cadillac Escalade

View reviews for a specific Escalade model:

Best Luxury SUV
By NG

2007 Cadillac Escalade 4dr SUV AWD (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

I recently bought my first Cadillac. I traded in my Mercedes for the Escalade and i couldn't be happier. We bought a 07 with 17,000 miles on it. It is Fantastic! Living in Minnesota where the winters are the longest season it makes sense to have a SUV such as this one. The only thing i wish it had was a MP3 jack for my IPOD. Other than that it has everything you could want in a SUV. I would definitely recommend this vehicle to anybody living in extreme climates who desire that luxury car feel!

NAV, Heated/Cooled seats, Heated steering Wheel, 2nd row Captains chairs, Ride Quality and Appearance.

THIRD ROW SEATS THAT ARE LIGHT!!!! Other than that maybe just a I pod connector!

First American full size SUV
By Lucas

2007 Cadillac Escalade 4dr SUV AWD (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

I sold my 2003 Infiniti Coupe for an 2007 Escalade fully loaded Black on Black with 60k miles for about $32k plus taxes and fees. I rented an 2009 from Hertz in Feb and I just had to have one of my own. This is a weekend car. I am 26yo, engaged and I wanted a car to sit 7 people. I got the extended warranty on it. Gas mileage in NYC driving is roughly 280 miles on 22gal without AC or spirited driving. Wind noise can be heard above 65MPH. At start-ups the rear back on the truck makes loud noise (electrical?) for about 30 seconds. But besides that it is great on the road, uneven pavement, and pot holes. Mine has the 18" chrome wheel but I am looking to upgrade to the stock 22".

Backup camera, Navigation, XM, power lift gate, projector headlights, power folding mirrors, mini-van like capabilities without the mini-van styling, and interior design.

Dual audio control. If passenger present in the front seat the audio motion lock should disarm.

Best SUV I've owned thus far
By Arv

2007 Cadillac Escalade 4dr SUV AWD (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

Had 95 Cherokee, 01 Exhibition, 02 Rendevouz, 04 Pacifica, 05 Tahoe, 04 Escalade, 08 Escalade, and now back to 07 Escladade ESV. Hard loaded, powerful, beautiful with 22" wheels, very dependable car that draws a crowd. My other car is a C-6 Corvette and both get lots of compliments. My 2nd favorite was the Pacifica but like comparing apples to oranges. My wife has an ML 320 that in no way compares to the Esclalade. I'd rather drive my son's Kia Sportage than her Mercedes. We use the Cadillac for long trips and with two little girls the room in the ESV is fantastic.. I'll never buy another brand of SUV as long as Cadillac makes them this good!!

GPS with backup camera, cooled seats,auto headlights, 400 HP (same engine as the Vette), good looks and style.

Maybe better gas mileage; the Vette gets 30 MPG on the highway with the same engine. I'd love to see an Escalade with the Vette's manual transmission - WOW! What a concept.

wife should have gotten another Expediti
By RJ

2007 Cadillac Escalade 4dr SUV AWD (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

First of all, still no fold flat third row seats, primitive!!! fill er up every 4 to 5 days small gas tank, and premium fuel. good power, seems smaller than 04 expedition which rode and handled better, went a week and half on full tank. seems to shake. oh yeah ladies with two rows of captains chairs never go shopping with more than 4 people. No room behind the third seat. Stuck now should have went with a nav L.

onstar, power, outside looks

better fuel economy, more room, more cargo room. Hey GM fold flat third seats

Love it, but please change DVD/audio sys
By love it, but

2007 Cadillac Escalade 4dr SUV AWD (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

Absolutely the best SUV and has lived up to all of our greatest expectations over last 2 years. Definitely recommend it. I was 9 months pregnant during the test drives - it had the only comfortable seats (many A+ compliments to GM)! Love the growl/purr of the engine, great looks, sporty handling & acceleration. Only 1 gripe - hate the lawyer's version of the DVD/NAV/AUDIO. It's ridiculous that you have to come to a complete stop to use many features (scroll XM stations, calls, destination, etc) when there is a passenger to do it without causing distraction for the driver. Could utilize the front on/off airbag switch to "unfreeze" the features while in motion. Hate that on the highway!

Love the height of driver position, comfy seats, power/acceleration, sporty handling (especially for an SUV), great styling inside & out - get many compliments on how it sounds & looks. Love the remote start to warm engine or heat/cool vehicle & remote power open for cargo door. On Star is great!

GM DESIGNERS please upgrade the DVD/Nav/Audio system for the 2010 model like the CTS hard drive version so no CD's/DVD's are required. Need a separate DVD system for kids. Please utilize front passenger airbag switch to UNFREEZE display scrolling/#entry so that we don't have to stop on long trips!