Used 2005 Cadillac Escalade SUV Consumer Reviews - 59 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Cadillac Escalade SUV

View reviews for a specific Escalade model:

Escalade exceeded my expectations
By Bill Crowe

2005 Cadillac Escalade SUV AWD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this luxury SUV after careful comparison with the competition. I'm a big guy and this vehicle has a lot of room. The ride is superb, the interior is whisper quiet, the 345 hp engine leaves nothing to be desired and on top of that, I get 19 mpg on the highway! The attractive interior is well laid out, the seats extremely comfortable, and the XM radio is something that quickly became indispensable. As a professional, my Escalade's bold styling makes the right statement to my clients: Success.

I had no idea how much I would like the XM radio. My use of the integrated GPS navigation system has been limited, but when I did use it, it performed flawlessly. Did I mention the great gas mileage for a luxury AWD SUV? 19 mpg on the highway. So far, best vehicle I've ever had.

The only improvements would be to cut the cost in half and double the fuel mileage. Just kidding. I do note that the console covers over the drink holders and ashtray are easily scratched, so I just leave them open.

Escalade six months old.
By rouch

2005 Cadillac Escalade SUV AWD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Wonderful to drive but gas milage is not good. Averaged 12.7 for 188 gals used. Best ever 15.7 on road trip. auto climate control not great, prefer the manual type in the Tahoe I drive.

Good power, seats comfortable, folding mirrors great.

Rear access hatch should be electric. Hard for my wife to close.

Another Cadillac
By Cadillac SUV

2005 Cadillac Escalade SUV AWD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

The Cadillac Escalade lives up to the Cadillac reputation. The Escalade has sexy styling with well contoured curves. The interior of the Escalade is where is really shines, with all the bells and whisltes you can imagine, you feel like your in a small jet. It takes some reading and practice to get use to its instrument panel and if your lucky enough to have it, the readout on the trip computer and satelite radio. The stereo is built in digitally and sounds very nice as well as the 5 CD changer. The most fun is the dual climate control (really tri) for driver, passanger and rear passanger (all seperate for each persons comfort) The vehicle handles well, but it takes longer to stop.

Multi Climate Control, programable main drivers seat position, Heated seats and the automatic rearview side mirrors make you feel like your batman...and oh yeah, it allows me to fit the vehicle into my garage.

Mute button for the stereo on the steering wheel and clearer clarification of buttons

Best SUV on the road
By Bob Vanard

2005 Cadillac Escalade SUV Rwd 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

The Escalade was purchased for the style and comfort. The ride is compared to riding your living sofa with wheels. Sure some of the interior plastic is cheap looking but I did not buy it for the interior appearence, We enjoy the looks and ride, I like to sit above the traffic and see what's ahead of me with the Escalade, I have the best SUV on the market. I'm one proud owner.

Seats, ride and the overall appearence.

Cooled seats.

Love My Escalade
By Kirsten Stafford

2005 Cadillac Escalade SUV Rwd 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

This is the first American car I have ever purchased, but I have benn an SUV driver for years. This is by far the nicest looking, head turning comfortable ride out there!!! But dont want to ride to far! It gets terrible gas mileage, but if you have money like most who drive one, it is not an issue!

Love interior, the fancy grill and 22 inch wheels look fantastic on it...Best color is pearl white.

Transmission is not always sooth, sometimes feel a little jumpy when driving.