Used 2005 Cadillac Escalade Consumer Reviews - 58 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Cadillac Escalade

View reviews for a specific Escalade model:

Cadillac Escalade
By Robert

2005 Cadillac Escalade AWD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Car is exceptional to drive and is very comfortable and roomy. It meets my needs and expectations in an SUV with the exceptiond of gas mileage (about 14-16 mpg). The electronics and automatic features are wonderful with the way the electronic sunroof closes automatically upon exiting the vehicle. The backup warning feature is also quite helpful. Since I did not get the navigational system, the rear camera feature is not avaiable. The exterior styling and engine size of the vehicle, puts it ahead of other comparable vehicles, in my view.

Six CD changer and audio sound system, folding side mirrors, comfortable seats, and the many vehicles electronics.

Rear exterior styling. Automatic rear hatch closing. Too much plastic (e.g., bumpers, side panels, etc.) although I understand that a primary motivation for this is to make the car lighter in weight for better gas mileage.

Outstanding vehicle
By Jack Moore

2005 Cadillac Escalade Rwd 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I have been driving cars starting with models built in the teens, Model Ts, Model As, Plymonths 35s, Mercury 39, Chevy 50, Ford 56, and a number of other models. I purchased a Cadillac STS in 1999 and another in 2001. I purchased my present Escalade in 2004. It has been the best car that I have owned. I have never had a thing wrong with it and it drives super well. It handles easily and gives me supper strength and speed when I need it. It has gotten me out of tight plases with ease and comfort. Of course the pickup is incredible and there when I need it. The interior is attractive and quiet the air is great and a also quiet. I have owened autos for 70 years, this is the best!

I like the anti-skid steering, back and front seat heating and cooling, the back up warning signal, smooth transmission and above all the wonderfuly comfortable ride!

More compartments to store things in the front. Make the console door open from either side and able to lock. The seat control catches my clothes on the way out. Drivers seat able to move higher for short people-back pull down door hard for short people to pull down.

Warranty Not Good
By MadatCad

2005 Cadillac Escalade AWD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Lots of problems: Every startup the engine ticks, it has gotten better in the hot weather, but the problem is still there-did not experience says dealer. Lost all audio from rear warning system, OnStar, phone, cd, radio etc-intermittent at first then completely. After 4 attempts to fix, dealer and GM customer service says too bad something was spilled onto amplifier--(a 1/2 ounce of coffee did drip out of a cupholder as it was being removed in the dealers driveway for an appointment to fix this problem at that time 3 months old) they want $1,500 to fix the Bose amp. Power Steering squeels like a loose belt when turning. I was told it is a pressure relief valve..it is being fixed now, we'll see. I experience a loud transmission noise at about 1,700 rpm.

Pearl white color, power, when it worked I liked the voice recognition phone, and stability / traction control.

Much better build quality. If all the problems I've had (didn't list all) are what Cadillac builds, what a piece of junk for $60K...Customer satisfaction doesn't really seem to what they do, just what they say..no wonder the Lexus / Acura crowd laughs at my "Caddy" problems. Do you care GM? I do.

great vehicle
By Ben

2005 Cadillac Escalade Rwd 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

The Escalade is the most comfortable vehicle I have ever driven and the navigation sytem got me through Canada. Great job Cadillac. I give a 10 to the Escalade over all.

The navigation system.

Escalade exceeded my expectations
By Bill Crowe

2005 Cadillac Escalade AWD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this luxury SUV after careful comparison with the competition. I'm a big guy and this vehicle has a lot of room. The ride is superb, the interior is whisper quiet, the 345 hp engine leaves nothing to be desired and on top of that, I get 19 mpg on the highway! The attractive interior is well laid out, the seats extremely comfortable, and the XM radio is something that quickly became indispensable. As a professional, my Escalade's bold styling makes the right statement to my clients: Success.

I had no idea how much I would like the XM radio. My use of the integrated GPS navigation system has been limited, but when I did use it, it performed flawlessly. Did I mention the great gas mileage for a luxury AWD SUV? 19 mpg on the highway. So far, best vehicle I've ever had.

The only improvements would be to cut the cost in half and double the fuel mileage. Just kidding. I do note that the console covers over the drink holders and ashtray are easily scratched, so I just leave them open.