Cadillac's 2016 ELR plug-in-hybrid is a good-looking coupe that also bestows green credentials on its driver. But even with this year's updates, the ELR still lacks the refinement and everyday usefulness of other luxury plug-in hybrids and sport coupes.
- Bold, contemporary styling
- Luxurious interior accommodates drivers of all sizes
- Low monthly fuel cost if you plug-in regularly
- Sporty power and handling for a plug-in hybrid.
- Still has a lofty base price
- Noisy gasoline engine
- Claustrophobic backseat
- Tiny trunk with narrow access
- Touchscreen can be slow to respond
- Continued use of the original Chevrolet Volt powertrain.