Used 2014 Cadillac ELR Consumer Reviews - 8 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Cadillac ELR Consumer Reviews

Base 0-cyl. Hybrid 1-speed Direct Drive - (8 reviews )

Awesome value used
By Paul

2014 Cadillac ELR 2dr Coupe (gas/electric hybrid DD)

Super mpg! Ghostly quiet. This car is a piece of bold American art. Original retail price was too high but second hand a steal. Already becoming a collectors target. Way ahead of its time. Check out the original commercial on YouTube.

Traded Volt for upgrade
By Tuba player

2014 Cadillac ELR 2dr Coupe (gas/electric hybrid DD)

Purchased this car from the dealer that had used it for 10,000 miles as a loaner but had not charged the batteries regularly. Lifetime mileage was only 38 mpg when I picked it up but has increased to 65.5 while I drove the next 13000 miles. The performance is a little better than the Chevrolet Volt due to suspension and computer improvements. The availability of power seats, adaptive cruise control, and general luxury interior was justification for trading a 2 year old car and extending payments 2 more years. Adjusting seats while traveling is easy and helps with old age arthritis. Not as practical for hauling as the hatchback Volt but we always have a truck to get things done. I have been using the car locally and most months I don’t buy gas. Last summer took a 1500 mile trip without plugging in and averaged 37 mpg, mostly 70+ mph.

GREAT CAR
By Fred BEAL

2014 Cadillac ELR 2dr Coupe (gas/electric hybrid DD)

I still love it after a year
By Joe Manley

2014 Cadillac ELR 2dr Coupe (gas/electric hybrid DD)

One year ago I bought a new, no mile, 2014 Model with every option and Kona brown interior. It stickered for over 82K and I bought it for 46k plus tax and registration. I got a $2,000 check from the state, a $500 rebate from the electric company and the $7,500 federal rebate brought the price down another 10 grand to 36k plus tax and registration. The car is simply stunning. It's beautiful inside and out. Whenever I park it I still look back and smile. It's a joy to drive, all the electronics are simple to operate, suspension is superb, plenty of power and the interior is just gorgeous, comfortable and just works. I usually get around 45 miles one a charge. My commute is 44 miles and when I get home unless it's really cold I will still have one or two miles left or will have just run out of charge a mile or so away. When I drive on the weekends the gas engine gets great mileage and I have never been able to hear when it turns on or off. I still get compliments everywhere I go. I have almost 13k miles on the odometer now and have not had one mechanical failure of any sort. Trouble free and stylish-just love this car.

ELECTRIC LUXURY ROADSTER
By Gene

2014 Cadillac ELR 2dr Coupe (gas/electric hybrid DD)

That's what ELR stands for. Coming from a Volt, I found a 2014 with 9000 miles on it as a great "owners" car considering my lease is coming up very quickly. It's a head turner, people gather around it, they look, they stare and while it's OK with me, it gets unnerving after while. I watch where I park, especially at places like the supermarket, home depot, etc. It is rare to see on the road. It's a partner when you want to drive it in an economical fashion. It's FASTER than the Volt. It handles BETTER than the volt. Forget about passengers. Forget about lots of storage. I took my 65" TV home in my Volt. Forget about it with the ELR. It screams success, it's a very special car. I hate to drive it in the rain, I hate it when it gets dirty, I wax it all the time.

I get 40+ miles on EV alone. On gas, I dont compete with MPG as I just floor it. Engine sounds a bit loud, it's ok.

20's from the factory and it's all good.

Update.....it's 8/25/17 now....

Still get stares, looks and endless compliments. I now own a '16 GTR Nismo and I get just as much looks and compliments On the ELR as the GTR.

Reliable, fun and top of the food chain feelings.