Used 2010 Cadillac DTS Consumer Reviews - 15 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2010 Cadillac DTS

View reviews for a specific DTS model:

Above the Rest.
By al_01

2010 Cadillac DTS Premium 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This is absolutely an eye catcher of a vehicle. The ride is smooth and very quiet. Handling if very good and responsive. The cabin area both front and rear has more than adequate room. Our friends could not believe how roomy and stately this car is. The chrome wheels really enhances the silver DTS. I previously owned a Lincoln Town Car and this DTS is far superior both in roominess and handling. DTS interior is by far more rich looking. Has an awsome stereo system. My wife and I will definetly purchase another Cadillac. We are very satisfied and throughly enjoy riding in our
DTS. MPG on the road is 20 and in town 16. We are statisfied with this.

Heated seats both in front and rear. Also the steering wheel. Parking sensors are a big help pulling into the garage or any outside parking. The auto outside rear view adjusting mirrors while backing we love. Also the dimming mirrors.

At this point. There are none.

DTS vs Avalon
By dino29

2010 Cadillac DTS Premium 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

What are the editors drinking or inhaling comparing the Avalon to the DTS? I just completed test driving both vehicles multiple times starting out w/an open mind - The Avalon rides like a little & lighter car compared to the DTS. The trunk is significantly smaller on the Avalon & it just doesn't have the ride quality of the DTS. The overall appearance is that of a much cheaper vehicle, which the Avalon is.
I was very surprise when I looked at the expert review & found these two vehicles being compared as peers. The DTS is significantly more of a luxury vehicle in nearly all respects.
This notion that not having a six speed trans somehow lessens the vehicle is hogwash.

Smoothness of the drive train, Quietness, luxury feel & appearance. It looks like a luxury vehicle both in & out & stands alone against the one look fits all crowd at significantly lower cost.

Outstanding!
By idaspaceman

2010 Cadillac DTS Luxury 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I test drove the Lincoln MKS, Buick Lacrosse, Lucerne, and the Lexus E350.
Hands down the DTS was a superior engine and ride., and luxury items to either be on par or superior.
Everyone will have pro's and con's...but at the end of the day it was an easy decision for me.
I know there will be some who will say it's a Grandpa vehicle...call me old, but there is nothing like the ride and luxury of a Caddy.

My favorite feature is the ride, the comfort of the seats, and the power of the engine. Loving the Onstar and XM radio. Cabin is quiet, radio is outstanding, and remote start, heated/cooled seats, and heated steering wheel are fantastic features! To each his/her own, but driving American just feels so right.

I wish there was a bit more flash and curve to the DTS, however the ride and big V8 make up for the loss in looks.

Compared to my 07 Town Car
By kgm0001

2010 Cadillac DTS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I've found my Town Car superior to the DTS in almost every way except: pedal position, ride, brake feel, and power (DOHC in DTS vs SOHC 4.6 L in TC). DTS engine is noisy and expansion joints cause booming throughout the structure. TC's body on frame is quieter with much less road noise. DTS steering is too firm making small corrections difficult without yanking the wheel. DTS: no locking fuel filler door; no trunk lid pull down; no trumpet horn; FWD; occupants sit too low; seems like a mid-sized car when compared to the TC. Town Car: rides too firmly; accelerator and brake pedals too close together and too far to the right; engine not as responsive as in DTS; RWD.

Power; ride; brakes.

Quietness; steering effort; higher seating position; fuel economy; 6 or 7 speed auto.

Poor Build Quality
By Bob

2010 Cadillac DTS Premium 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I've had the DTS for 3 months now. I love everything about it except the build quality. Ride is spectacular. Interior build is just good. Inside window molding is lose and has a gap where you can see the edge of the window. The outside is where the build quality looks bad. Trim on doors does not line up. Doors themselves do not line up. Doors either hang higher or lower than the front or rear doors. Trim inside the trunk fell off as it was never snapped on. Transmission leak at 1000 miles (Bolts had to be sealed). GM just doesn't care about the DTS as they are doing away with it. Well guess what. I'm doing away with GM. Cadillac is NOT the standard of the world as they claim.

Nav, Heated/Cooled Seats, Remote Start, Comfortable.

Better build quality. The build quality bad on my DTS.