Used 2006 Cadillac DTS Consumer Reviews - 83 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Cadillac DTS

View reviews for a specific DTS model:

Embarrassed
By JONES199

2006 Cadillac DTS Luxury II 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I am embarrassed I like this car do much. Looks great, mileage is surprising, the cooled seats are off the chart. My friends all make fun of me for driving the "old man's car" until they rise in it. I now get stuck driving lots of places. The Cadillac dealership however could learn from the high end imports.

mileage power cooled seats

interior a little behind the times dealership a lot behind the times

Caddy Got It Right
By caddyman28

2006 Cadillac DTS Performance 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Great mileage for a large car 22 mpg with city and highway at 75 with 4 people. All toys of a Lexus at a lot less. Was going to by a new Dodge Charger SE plus for 23k. Did the math and got this car for less, more features with Cadillac CPO until 2012. Handles good, quiet and build quality is good. Caddy is back.

Bose 360 sound system, legroom , can freeze out an polar bear with the a/c system

Better cup holders -

Small Business Owner & Manager
By RTS

2006 Cadillac DTS Performance 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I have owned 5 Cadillac DTS Performance Touring Sedans in the last 8 years. My current DTS is a 2006 with a custom after market "DeLegance" package and I have had hundreds of people make very positive comment on the looks of this automobile. It also gets admiring looks from Mercedes Benz and Lexus owners. This performance edition, although, only rated at 292 H.P. has substantial power and acceleration due to the Northstar engine and performance axle. I special ordered this Caddy with the Tehama Italian leather seats and they are very nice. I am more impressed with this Caddy than any other I have owned. The quality of construction, top notch materials and performance without any problems.

I very much like the automatic driver recall settings for the seats, mirrors, adjustable steering wheel for exit and entrance positions. The front & rear sensors are an excellent safety feature. I like the touch screen navigation /audio and the Hands-Free-Calling Systems. The seat massage is great.

I really wish Caddy would field a full sized luxury coupe. While I like the instruments in the dash, I would like to see the small digital speedometer be larger and in a different color then the other readouts making it easier to locate and read. It is duplicative of the analog but I use it often.

Second Caddy
By Paul

2006 Cadillac DTS Performance 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

After fully enjoying a certified pre-owned Deville, we opted for another certified pre-owned Caddy. This time we traded for a barely used level 4 Performance DTS. This car has almost every option Cadillac makes and has been a joy to drive. At almost half the sticker price with a 6 year/100K warranty, we thought the car was a bargain. It looks no different than an 08!

Surround Sound stereo, high output Northstar engine, Navigation system, heated/cooled seats, sunroof, high level interior

We could not think of a thing to change on this car!

Would not start
By Jerry G

2006 Cadillac DTS Luxury II 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Would not start AGAIN. This is the 3rd time since we bought it. It goes back to the dealer and on the 1st time he said we left something on. According to the owner's manual everything is supposed to shut down after 10 minutes. 2nd time they could find nothing. They still have it for the 3rd. time today. It remains to be seen what the problem may or may not be. Also lots of luck calling 1 800 Cadillac to get it started. The first 2 times they sent a qualified starting service, not today. This guy was not equipped to start a car that was still in the garage.

Great fuel economy. I sometimes get over 29 mpg.

Get it to be dependable