Used 2005 Cadillac DeVille Consumer Reviews - 46 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Cadillac DeVille

View reviews for a specific DeVille model:

Oil burners
By Paul Zobel

2005 Cadillac DeVille DHS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

After purchasing our third Cad I am just as disappointed in the area of engine reliability that it makes me sick. The engine is now burning oil to the tune of a quart every 100 miles or so. I have found other owners who have the same complaint and it looks like I will have to take it in for an overhaul. It only has 45,000 miles on it and yet it uses this much oil. There is no leakage nor smoking that I can see. I don't think we will ever buy another Cadillac.

American Dream
By merlincat

2005 Cadillac DeVille 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Bought out of an estate sale with only 24k on it. Virtually new 4 year old car. It's every thing a Caddy should be. Heavy, big, roomy, plush, and you can get 4 bodies in the trunk.It gives you that aaahhhh feeling at 80 floating down the interstate. She gets almost 29 mi/gal on cruise at 80 and that's in the Rockies at 7000 ft! So sad the big Caddys are going away for BMW size posers. I imagine they are fine cars but the American dream sled will be another thing we Americans did really well and quit. Got caught in a Colorado blizzard and the heavy 350 sitting over the front wheel drive made her move like an Abrahms tank through the snow. Amazing. If you can find a clean one, buy it!

A car that is quite relaxing to drive. Even the non Bose stereo is outstanding. Four guys, all over 6 feet tall, 600 miles in a day. Didn't even have to move my seat forward.Ergonomics are unbeatable. Ultimate roadtrip vehicle.

There is only one thing I would change. Those big bulbous headlight nacells make her look a little like a praying mantis from the front. All other lines are so clean, elegant, and tasteful.

Excessive Vibration
By davertwo

2005 Cadillac DeVille 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Purchased 3 months ago. Vibration at all speeds. Sometimes excessive. Dealer has put twelve (that's 12) new tires on car. Plus original 4 tires were new. Problem remains. Warning #1 - Do not buy car with cool seat option. They are very uncomfortable compared to normal seats (heated seats OK). Warning # 2 Check via your car VIN to be sure car doesn't have "Stiff suspension option". Apparently a purchase option. Makes for poor rough ride. I hope this helps anyone thinking about buying one of these. I waited for years to finally get one of these cars and I'm stuck with a car that I really don't like to drive.

Love my Caddy !
By skates186

2005 Cadillac DeVille DHS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This is my fourth Cadillac, all bought used, and this is just about the best one. I got it with 16,000 miles on it, and it drives and looks like the day it rolled off the showroom floor. The price was great ($ 18,500 on a car that stickered for approx $57k 3 years ago), partially due to it not being the most recent body style, but it has every option with the exception of navigation. American cars have really come a long way, and I hope that more people will start to realize it and not choose foreign solely because of the prestige factor.

Well-controlled ride and comfort, heated/cooled seats, fuel economy (that's right, 28 MPG on the highway with a V-8!), beautiful White Lightning paint, build quality.

none

2005 CADILLAC REVIEW
By K.Hess

2005 Cadillac DeVille 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This is my 5th Cadillac. I love the cars. They are great, reliable and attractive. I will never forget sitting in my first cadillac for the first time. I was in heaven. The seats were so comfortable. My currect caddy is a 2005 cadillac sedan deville. The seats are so uncomfortable I can hardly drive it for long periods of time. My lease is up in December and I want another cadillac but not if the seats are as hard as my 2005. They should make them like they did in 1992.

style, reliability, cloth top

Please make the front seats softer so I can buy another Cadillac