Used 2004 Cadillac DeVille Consumer Reviews - 78 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2004 Cadillac DeVille

View reviews for a specific DeVille model:

Never Again
By Grumpa

2004 Cadillac DeVille 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I have owned several Cadillacs but this 04 has had so many mechanical problems and I only have 26K on it. PS/pump, seat heater, all rotors, LF,RF spindle assem, lic.plate light, 2 window motors, premature tire wear, confusing radio controls, mushy ride. Last GM product for me.

Motor has power

Actually GM is going to quit building this car.

My Beautiful DeVille DTS
By Bradly R.

2004 Cadillac DeVille DTS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I love to drive my 2004 Cadillac Deville DTS. It's powerful 4.6L 300 hp Northstar engine is a highway touring dream. This touring variant of the Deville has the sleekest and sporty styling of any trim for this model year. You feel like a king in this car. It has every option a man could ever want. It even has massaging leather heated front seats! The performance of this car is amazing. When you drive this car down the road, people notice you. Fuel economy is excellent on the highway and poor in the city. Fuel costs are a small price to pay to experience this level of Cadillac luxury. White lightning is my favorite color for this car.

My favorite feature is the 300 hp 4.6L V8 Northstar. Other favorites are the performance shifting, massaging seats, and driver memory features. The night vision option is also a nice touch. I love the express open premium sunroof. Trunk space is very good and the trunk netting is very functional.

The only thing I would change on this car is the front grille for the night vision option. The flat black really contrasts the stunning chrome and exquisite white lightning premium paint.

Outstanding Car
By Bob

2004 Cadillac DeVille 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this used, had 36,000 miles on it. First one I've owned. I am totally in love with this car. Very comfortable, excellent ride. I've had Audi's and a couple of Lexus' but I must say this car feels better and a lot more solid.

Heated steering wheel, heat/AC seats, soft comfortable leather seating

Maybe relocate the cruise control in a different spot on the steering wheel.

First Caddy... but not last!
By Deville owner

2004 Cadillac DeVille 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

At forty-one, I'm probably younger than the average Deville owner. But with four children and a wife, I needed a vehicle that seated six. Few choices exist outside an SUV or minivan. I recently purchased a used '04 w/ 57k. In the short time I've owned it, I've found it to be comfortable, fun to drive and surprisingly economical. I average 29 mpg highway (around 18 city). The NorthStar V8 & trans are smooth and quite. While I'm not sure I would have paid $40k + for this car four years ago, the poor re-sale value puts it in a class by itself for a used car! I will own other Cadillac's in the future. I'm also fond of the '08 CTS & DTS. However, the new STS styling needs to be bolder.

Steering wheel controls, exterior design, NorthStar.

For the price, more upscale interior materials should be used along with greater standard features. Those features should include moon roof, heated/cooled seats & wheel, navigation center, park assist, etc...

Exceptional Vehicle
By Mary Lou

2004 Cadillac DeVille 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This is the third Cadillac that I have owned and it is by far the best. I bought this car just prior to retirement as I planned to travel. I am so glad I did, it gives a comfortable ride and drive. I am handicapped and this vehicle lessens the difficulty of the trip. The lack of fuel efficiency is more than compensated for by the ride and superiority of the vehicle. I love this car.

Adjustable seats, convenience of the controls on the steering wheel, and a million other wonderful things