Used 2004 Cadillac DeVille Consumer Reviews - 78 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2004 Cadillac DeVille

View reviews for a specific DeVille model:

Why do you think they call it Cadillac?
By CadillacCabman

2004 Cadillac DeVille 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I am a fair-sized man about 6ft-240lbs and I have a tall torso. Not every car fits me. It has more acceleration, more creature comfort, and more highway stability than any automobile I have owned. However, the flagship Mercedes-Benz is my absolute favorite this DeVille is a better value dollar- for-dollar-bang-for-the-buck. Yeah. DeVille stinks on initial resale, but I knew that going into this purchase. This is why I buy off-lease, certified Deville’s. I travel 65000+- annually and would love to have the fuel economy of a Toyota Prius. However, that is the only improvement I can think of for my 2004 Deville DHS. Nonetheless, I still get about 27 mph- highways, 23 mph-overall and it runs just f

Solid construction, interior space, headroom, legroom, shoulder room, ergonomics, handling, acceleration, ride quality, safety, creature comforts, climate control, quietness, economy of ownership, fuel economy & ONSTAR.

Improved braking. (I understand this was accomplished in the new models)

Classic American Big Car
By ends and odds

2004 Cadillac DeVille 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

It used to be that all big cars rode and handled like this - including Buicks and Mercurys. Now you have to spend $45K to get that feeling back - shame. Anyway - love my Caddy - a couple of reliability quirks including window and heated/cooled seat problems but they were all covered under the decent warranty. GM's OEM Brakes still stink too but that's easily improved once changed out. Exceptional comfort, safety, security and power are what this great family sedan is all about. Recommended.

Ventilated (heated/cooled) seats, rock- solid road manners, comfort, gas mileage (23+MPG combined)

Fit and finish (a couple of squeaks here or there), brake component quality, better power accessory integrity

Fantastic Car
By jstamps

2004 Cadillac DeVille DHS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

After owning for 9 mo a review is in order. This is one of the prettiest cars out there - much nicer than the LS430 (and half the price used). Only the Benz S can compare. Extremely quiet and comfortable, with a silky-smooth ride. Powerful engine delivers smooth acceleration; transmission shifts without jerks (no hunting like the Lexus or Avalon). Bose stereo is just the best. Mileage on the highway is 29.5, while city depends on whether it's warmed up: 16 cold for short trips, 18 warm. Daytime headlights were annoying - had to remove fuse to disable. Nav has helped a lot in strange towns. Occasional whine from a DC-DC in dash. Use the heated/cooled seats a lot. Pearl paint is tops!

Appearance, ride, power train, comfort, gadgets, COOLED/HEATED/MASSAGING SEATS!, Bose stereo, football stadium interior, gigantic trunk, solid feel, chrome wheels, LED tail lights, non-HID headlights, cheap purchase price, heated steering wheel, rain-sense wipers, too much more to list...

It should play MP3 DVDs or at least have a USB port so I don't have to hunt for CDs. Don't use ceramic capacitors in your power supplies (possible source of whine). Ditch daytime running lights. Take back redesign of 2006-. Make all Devilles either pearl white or crimson red

Value for Money spent.
By R

2004 Cadillac DeVille 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I drive a classic muscle car (66 Charger)for fun and I use a daily driver the rest of the time. I picked up my Deville with 32k on the clock for $11,800. Dark Blue with the chrome wheels. This car is fully loaded and clean. It has all the toys except the sunroof and Nav system. This is a great car in all areas. The northstar is a terrific engine. For a large car it handles well. I love all the gadgets it has. Heated and cooled seats. And the heated steering wheel, which I thought was a silly idea until it got cold and I started using it. I don't think I would have paid $45k new for this car. But for the price of a used ex rental fleet Malibu? Gotta have it.

Ride, power, comfort.

Move the cruise button. I hit it all the time too.

3rd Caddy
By ole don

2004 Cadillac DeVille 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Best highway mileage of all 3 Caddies I've owned. ( 94 Deville and 93 Fleetwood). Great ride, gets positive "looks", black with white trim and white walls. Quiet ride, all options you'd need. Had the water pump go bad at 68k, but other than that. Fine car!

Engine, styling, smooth ride and great highway mileage ( 28+ per gal)

More chrome