Used 2004 Cadillac DeVille Consumer Reviews - 78 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Cadillac DeVille Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific DeVille model:

Good looking car
By Frederick

2004 Cadillac DeVille 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Check the fluids at all times. Keep up with all maintenance. Things to look out for. Motor mounts. Window regulators.Head gaskets. Interior poor quality for a Cadillac. lock buttons broke -Nobody sits in the back. Same with window regulators. 3 of four window regulators broke.Should be a recall. Over $300 to replace. Not enough head room. My fedora keeps hitting the top. People have talked about hitting the cruise control button by accident. same here.
Good trunk space. good passing speed when you need it. I bought this car in Jan 2017 with low miles. 68k. Still love this car. Bought an extended warranty. Replaced the motor mounts with that. Drivers side door keeps closing on my left leg.

Beautiful Machine
By Scotty1927

2004 Cadillac DeVille DHS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I love old Caddy's and Elvis because my dad loved old Caddy's and Elvis. Now they are obsessions. Just picture this, since my children refuse to, a black Caddy with black carriage roof, Gold Package, polished chrome wheels with gold Cadillac emblems, and Vogue Tyres. It don't get no better! George Jones, Pasty Cline, Conway Twitty, and Ray Price sound even better when I am cruising in that old car. The car is mobile art. An object of beauty and grace. Having said all that there are some real concerns. If you whisper "head gasket" I will break into a cold sweat. She is running Mobile 1 and I have no money for repairs. Windows are for looking out of, NOT rolling down. Nylon window components have a horrible reputation. The brakes don't always seem quite up to the task. The paint is flaking off of the radio and climate controls. It's the first thing I see when I get in the car and I cannot believe it. As much as I love Cadillac, GM went belly up for a reason. FWD doesn't make sense for this car. Too much weight up front and the turning radius is bigger than a cul-de-sac. The car actually feels downsized to me. Not nearly as much room as my 1993 Fleetwood Brougham and certainly nothing like my 1995 Buick Roadmaster Estate Wagon. I hate to see these cars disappear. Some of the new Cadillac's are four cylinder. They are shaped like beans and look like my wife's 1987 Accord. Play some Haggard. I need a drink.

Best Bang for the Buck !
By Jeff in Orlando

2004 Cadillac DeVille 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

My 2004 Cadillac is in like new condition. Only 79,000 Miles and looks showroom condition. Has all the bells and whistles.

Cadillac is the American Mercedes!
By Jeff Stamper

2004 Cadillac DeVille 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

My USED 2004 Cadillac DeVille cost $4,500 with 78,000 miles and still looks Brand New. Mint condition! I have all the Records and this car cost $49,000 to the Original buyer and well to me its still "Like New" so there you have it....I never buy brand new car because of this reason. The resale value is not good but buy used and save tons of money. In my opinion its not a $49,000 car but that's what it costs and that's not what I paid....no where's near LOL...$4,500 and BEAUTIFUL !

Can't Beat This Luxury Car for the Money
By scottb

2004 Cadillac DeVille DHS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this car 2 years ago for under $8,000 with 42,000 miles on it. It now has over 70,000 miles on it. How can you beat that! It is very comfortable, decent mileage, great acceleration. I love it. My only complaints are that the radio sucks and I wish the seat went back a couple of inches more. I have had a couple of repairs but not bad. Hopefully the dependability will continue over time. I mean this car is 13 years old.