Used 2001 Cadillac DeVille Sedan Consumer Reviews - 53 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2001 Cadillac DeVille Sedan

View reviews for a specific DeVille model:

Cadillac Lover
By Timothy Wheeler

2001 Cadillac DeVille Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

My dad bought me this Cadillac DeVille last year as my first car. I had wanted one since I was 6 years old. we bought the car and the very next day a radiator fan motor bearing went out, it cost almost $700 dollars to fix. since then I have heard popping sounds in the steering and it has stalled twice. the car has 44000 miles on it. I would still recommend buying a car like this, because the comfort and looks outweigh the problems. Its a great car

room, I love the Titanic like handling.everything is easy to reach and it is so quiet. love the air ride suspension.

Use better quality parts so the car can be used and not looked at.

Build quality
By JJ

2001 Cadillac DeVille Sedan DTS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I purchased this vehicle with 51,000 miles. It is a beautiful fun to drive car. However, this car has many repair problems, i.e., oil leaks, steering problems, I have had many sensors replaced, both front hubs, both cv joints, water pump,a/c compressor and too many other repairs to mentions. I feel a vehicle with only 90000 miles should not have had that many repairs. I have a 93 Honda Accord with 220,000 miles and I can count the repairs I have made on it.

Great ride and body style. I just love the body style.

I assume GM has corrected the oil leak situation in their later models. Put out an upgrade to the older onstar system so we may use onstar.

Great Car
By Jim

2001 Cadillac DeVille Sedan DHS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this car used last year with 52K miles. I was able to transfer the extended warranty to my name and got 6 months worth of coverage. The car has been worry free. The only things I've done are oil changes, replacement of the original tires at 55K miles, wheel alignment and 60K maintenance service. I would have never imagined myself driving a Cadillac, but this car is fantastic, esp. 28 MPG on the highways. It does like oil, but the car display tells you when to add it and the dealer told me this is typical of Cadillacs and GMs in general.

Massaging seats - that's what sold me, rear window screens, power and great gas mileage.

I should have looked harder for a car with the sun roof.

Comfortable but poor quality
By David L.

2001 Cadillac DeVille Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This car looks and drives good. It's so quiet and smooth that you have to be careful not to fall asleep on long trips. Quality is another story... Engine started burning oil at the rate of 1 quart every 400 miles. Thank heaven I got the extended warranty! Dealer rebuilt the motor, new pistons and rings, $5600.00 and 3 days in the shop. This car had something break every month. All 4 power window regulators broke, 3 fixes on the brake lights, torque converter problems, stability control warnings, too many things to list here. I recently traded it in because the warranty was about to expire, which had a $100 deductible for each occurrence. Quality was crappy at best. car had less than 70k mi

Loved the layout of the interior and controls. Great seats. Roomy.

The car was designed to break.. Bad engine, motor mounts, tranny mounts, bad power windows, electronic problems every month.. Nice to look at and drive but so EXPENSIVE to own...

Catalytic converter
By PATRICIA CRAFFEY

2001 Cadillac DeVille Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This car is a nightmare. Since I owned it from 2001 I have replace cat converter and now replacing a third one broke down in ct had to find a dealer to be towed to broke down in NH and had to find a dealer to be towed to. First one I was near a dealer in ma. I have to keep checking the oil because it uses a lot. Dealer said this is "normal" I have a 1995 Cadillac and it runs real smooth. Do not think I will buy another Cadillac. Maybe go to the foreign car even though I said "never". Goodbye to Detroit.

none

Fix this car so I do not have to spend the time and money at the dealership.