Used 2001 Cadillac DeVille Consumer Reviews - 53 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2001 Cadillac DeVille

View reviews for a specific DeVille model:

IF YOU'RE LOOKING FOR A MONEY PIT, THIS IS YOUR CAR
By colorado0956

2001 Cadillac DeVille DHS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I've owned many cars during my life, but this car is by far the worst car I've ever owned. It is nothing more than a money pit.
It had less than 20K mi when I bought it in '05. I've put less than 30K mi on the car since owning it. In that time, I've spent $5700 in repairs. That is awful for a car that has fewer than 60K miles on it. In the 5 yrs I've owned the car, it has cost me $1100/annually in repairs. That's pathetic. Those repairs consist of complete axle work, brakes, rotors & shocks, new transmission w/ all 4 motor mounts, new starter, window problems & many more problems, not to mention that it drinks oil. I got rid of that pc of junk & bought a Honda! No more GM for me. No Thanks!

GM needs to drasticaly improve dependability/reliability commensurate with the price you pay for a Cadillac. They should take lessons from the foreign car makers when it comes to.......quality!

Caddy Deville
By Christian

2001 Cadillac DeVille 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I purchased a 2001 Cadillac Deville (Base Sedan) in 2004 with 9,000 miles on it. It was purchased from a prominent local dealer, and it looked new, smelled new, and drove new the day I drove it off the lot for a total price of $25,000 including the 5 year 75,000 mile extended warranty. The car drove like a dream for the first 3 years, and was overall “problem free” as for the 4th year on, it has been extremely time consuming costly in order to keep it running sufficiently and looking good. The extended warranty on the vehicle recently ended in July. The company was exceptional. From the year 2004 to 2009 the warranty spent over $10,000 in repairs for this car

The Digital Speedometer, Memory Seats,Heated Seats, Sound System, Rear Digital Thermostat, Steering Wheel A/C and Radio Controls.The car is quite technologically advanced for it's year.I also love the factor chrome rims.Most importantly the smooth ride is amazing.

Engine-Burns oil excessively and may develope a "piston slap" Grill-shows wear even when taken care of and garaged.

All That Glitters Is Not A Gold Cadillac
By Vincent Roane

2001 Cadillac DeVille 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

First let me say that I have always admired Cadillacs since I was a little boy. All 4 of my uncles owned a Cadillac at one time or another. A beautiful car to drive and be admired in. However, repairs can be expensive for a domestic car. I strongly suggest purchasing an extended warranty immediately. It burns alot of oil. And takes 8qts to do an oil change. Which the dealers all say is normal. At 100,000 the selonoid transmission started to go bad. And the oh so dreaded sensor modules always tend to fail on all cadillacs at some point which costs between $500-$800. Other than all of that. It's a beautiful car to drive and look at, but no fun to repair. Keep $500 on hand at all times.

The automatic start and heated seats are fun, especially in the winter months. Cruise control; heated steering wheel, rear sensors, smooth ride, digital dash, great stereo system, those digital rear brake and signal lights along with that classic caddy boat body style are head turners.

Alot of plastic interior where wood grain should have been. Power window construction could be better, I haven't had any problems as of yet, but I have heard horror stories. 8qts of oil is a bit much for a luxury vehicle and it burns about 1qt every 800 miles. Cadillac says its normal...but why?

Most Unreliable Car I've Owned
By EX-GM Fan

2001 Cadillac DeVille DTS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this car two years ago with 69,000 miles and drive it enough to use one gas tank a week. It's looks/comfort are up there with Mercedes, but I have owned many different cars and this car is by far the most unreliable car I've ever owned. In the past year I have had all the window motors/regulators replaced, one engine mount was cracked in half, all new brake pads a few months ago and now they squeak all the time. The dealership said it is a common problem though even though there is life left on the pads. The tire pressure sensors are all broken, the transmission fluid sensor is broken, coolant sensor is broken, and the heated front drivers seat is broken...HONDA HERE I COME!

Car is equal to Mercedes on looks, ride comfort, and features. I would never sell this car if it didn't break apart as it has just from going to work and back home. It would be worth the bad gas mileage even if the car was reliable. I am DONE with GM. Caddy, Bonneville, Camaro. All 3 were the same.

My First Car "What a Beauty"
By ElCubanazo429

2001 Cadillac DeVille 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This car my family has had it since we bought it in 2004. About a week ago my parents gave it to me with 55,000 miles and it drives great. My experience with this car mechanically has been great no problems have appeared. Beautiful car, power, and workmanship. Great Job Cadillac! P.S. For me those foreign cars are no good, American muscle for me. God Bless

The engine, interior, tail lamps and tail pipes

the engine could not eat the quart of oil that it does but that is no biggie