Used 1999 Cadillac DeVille Consumer Reviews - 58 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

1999 Cadillac DeVille

View reviews for a specific DeVille model:

I Feel Lucky
By junebreeze

1999 Cadillac DeVille Concours 4dr Sedan

I bought this car because it had low milege and I was able to buy it very cheap because it was already 11 years old. I am sooo glad I found it.
It rides like a new one. I have had it 2 years and I know it only has 60,000 miles on it but I can not say one thing negative about it.
The power is wonderful, the traction is tops. The gas milege isn't even bad for it's model and size.
The paint job is a beaut. It gleams!
Thank you Cadillac!

mrdeville(PHX, AZ) 99 deville-base
By mrdeville

1999 Cadillac DeVille 4dr Sedan

i owned this car for 1 yr now. & i love it, it has power & comfort & heads turn cause i got 16' wire wheels on him. my caddy is all car & drives smooth, so far nothin major has gone wrong with it & it has 88,700 miles on it. juss minor things like the antennea motor & d/s window motor, i totally luv this car it is my BABY. i will never get rid of it!!!!my wife didn't want it till she drove it,& then she was convinced she wanted it!!!!

heated seats, 12 disc adapter in trunk,seat memory i can set & all digital dashboard,all leather seats,radio controllers on steering wheel,the smooth ride

Snowplow Caddy
By Caino

1999 Cadillac DeVille 4dr Sedan

I drive 80 miles round trip daily to work. I live in northern Maine, 2 hours north of Bangor, me. I've had to plow my way out of my driveway, and out of 2 other roads (2 miles) before I got to main road, at 3:30am. Sometimes i had to plow the main road for miles before it was plowed going through 1 to 2 ft. Drifts. That car never faltered once! I' driven through countless blizzards! That car is the most reliable car I've ever driven. The front wheel drive along with the heavy v8 northstar engine gave the car unbelievable traction. I never worried about being stuck in snow or heavy slush. It was safe consistent and dependable. If I hit a moose it would land on the hood and not on me. Car is bigger than moose!

Reliability dependability & safety.It gave a great ride and had plenty of power. It is bigger than a moose, moose will land on hood.

Keep the front wheel drive and the 300 hp northstar engine. It gives it great traction. Make it quite a bit bigger than the moose. I like a stick shift on the floor. More sporty!

Who's your Caddy?
By Richsap

1999 Cadillac DeVille Concours 4dr Sedan

This is the 3rd pre-owned Cadillac I've had the pleasure to purchase, and they just keep getting better. I traded up from a '95 Concours to a '99 DeVille and now to a '99 Concours. As with most vehicles, the older the car the more likely issues come up, and Cadillacs are no exception. The '95 was on the verge of becoming unreliable, which I attribute to a faulty fuel injector and a starter that had an intermittent issue and would on occasion not function. The '99 Deville was (is) a beauty, until it got hit by an idiot running a red light and totaled by the insurance company. I used the funds to purchase the '99 Concours, and after replacing a malfunctioning alternator it runs & drives like new

The power of the HP V8, the gas mileage (24 mpg avg.) of the HP V8. The comfortable leather seating. The exceptional braking power. The comfort and luxury, it is the only car we take on long trips!

Preference for the digital dash and column mounted shifter. The digital dash gives you zero-tolerance readings without having to guess, and the console shifter eats up too much room (smaller armrest storage box), blocks the AC controls in park and eliminates a middle seating position.

Dream ride
By midway

1999 Cadillac DeVille 4dr Sedan

Have owned for 10 yrs, now at 100,000 miles it still runs and looks like new. Never had a major issue with this car, it's never left me stranded and always starts right up. Everything still works! Can't understand why everyone knocks American car quality!

Power galore, smooth ride, disconnects you from the road, its like watching the world go by sitting in a first class seat

Needs bigger side view mirrors....handling decent but no F-1 car....stock radio sounds kinda cheap.... watch for blown head gaskets and oil leaks on Northstars