Used 1998 Cadillac DeVille Sedan Consumer Reviews - 44 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

1998 Cadillac DeVille Sedan

View reviews for a specific DeVille model:

It is the CADILLAC of cars
By Dave

1998 Cadillac DeVille Sedan 4dr Sedan

This is my first Cadillac. I have owned two Lincolns, an Oldsmobile 98, and a Chrysler "New Yorker." None of the other cars came close to the DeVille. I can set the cruise control on 80, and drive all day getting 24 miles per gallon. On a two lane highway, I can step on the gas and the 4.7 liter "NorthStar" engine accelerates like a sports car, making passing safe and quick. Its comfort is great! I'm 66 years old and can drive all day and feel fine. Its handling is REALLY great for such a large car. Maintenance is minimal. I have had to replace one headlight. It is no wonder people use the word "Cadillac" to describe top shelf products of all types.

Number one: The ride/comfort. Number two: The power. Number three: The reliability. Number four: The fuel economy/range.

Install a sound system "mute" button on the steering wheel.

Please Sir, May I have another?
By cadillacX3

1998 Cadillac DeVille Sedan D'elegance 4dr Sedan

This is my third Cadillac, my second D'Elegance. My first was an 1985 Eldorado. This one, while excellent to own, has been a little disappointing on gas mileage. My '97 D'Elegance averaged 30 MPH on the highway and this one is lucky to get 27. All in all, I'm pleased and wouldn't hesitate to trust the brand.

It seems silly, but the rain senwor whippers still amuse me. I love the smooth ride that glides over the road.

Upgrade all models with the Bose system.

Comfort and Reliability
By marioltx

1998 Cadillac DeVille Sedan 4dr Sedan

From the moment you step on the gas its smooth all the way, all road conditions, weather and terrain. The only faults are excessive oil consumption, 2 quarts between changes, and while the breaks catch, the car drags the tires along. Once you learn about these and are prepared for them the smoothness and reliability almost makes up for it.

Power - Northstar engine

Fix the oil consumption problem.

Comfort and reliability - Great Package
By Karenfran

1998 Cadillac DeVille Sedan 4dr Sedan

This family car provides great comfort. Have driven this car all over the country and it zooms along Texas roads getting at 26 miles per gallon and climbs West VA hills with ease. I'm faithful to oil changes, tire rotation and pressure. Bought the car with 17,000 miles (save the showroom price for folks who don't care what they pay). Will definitely consider buying Cadillac again if this one slows down! A/C needed major fix in first few months but my warranty covered everything except $50 deductible.

Front seat comfort, tons of storage room in trunk, and quiet inside car when driving.

A/C could be better in back seats. Buy a warranty that your dealer will honor - very costly to repair this car and my warranties have more than paid for themselves.

My 2nd DeVille
By zman

1998 Cadillac DeVille Sedan D'elegance 4dr Sedan

I bought this DeVille with 137,000 miles on the odometer. I can attest that I am loving this car. It had great care, and still does. I get great mileage of upwards of 34 mpg @ 67 mph. Who else can do that with 275hp and 4,000lbs? It is roomy and elegant, yet I can get up and go when needed. I am looking forward to my 3rd Cadillac someday.

Heated, memory and almost infinately adjustable seats. Large truck and spacious interior. Quiet ride, and best of all it's a Cadillac!

No more Premium Only Fuel please. Other than that, there isn't much else to improve upon.