Used 1996 Cadillac DeVille Sedan Consumer Reviews - 34 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

1996 Cadillac DeVille Sedan

View reviews for a specific DeVille model:

Still Strong After 11 Years
By Ken

1996 Cadillac DeVille Sedan Concours 4dr Sedan

I cannot believe how strong of a runner this car is. I purchased it from the original owner. Every option still works! It has a lot of power for the ride. I am very pleased with my purchase.

The roomy interior, engine horsepower, and roomy trunk.

Cadillac Impressions
By Paul Elzey

1996 Cadillac DeVille Sedan Concours 4dr Sedan

Since the day of purchase, I have been very pleased with this automobile. The styling is simple beauty, the performance via the Northstar engine is superb without sacrificing fuel economy, which runs about 23 mpg avg. The interior has a very high level of luxury and one can drive this automobile all day without tiring.

My favorite feature about the automobile is probably the styling of both the exterior and the interior. I also love the engine's performance.

The cup holders are the cheapest quality item of the car (although functional) and the placement of them leaves something to be desired. The center console could have been designed better in my opinion.

Keep it or sell it?
By RegRanger

1996 Cadillac DeVille Sedan 4dr Sedan

I bought my 1996 Cadillac DeVille used in9/04. It had nearly 100,000 miles on it. I had problems right off with misfiring, which ended up being faulty plug wires (which had just been replaced??). I'm glad that I didn't have to pay for them! Also, the air conditioning didn't work. It took $200 to find a bad wire! Have put 20,000 miles on it since then without any major issues, which is a good thing because it costs a boat load to fix the thing! The previous owner burned 87 octane fuel and so have we-don't notice any performance difference even when we did try the expensive gasoline.

Amazing gas mileage on the highway for this size vehicle, Ihave done as well as 28 mpg at 70 mph! I travel to work is about 12 miles with 7 stoplights and/or stop signs and it still averages about 21 mpg. Lots of room-this is a big, solid car. The seats are nice and comfy! Lots of rear leg room!

It burns oil like crazy - a quart or 2 every 600 miles! Get reasonable with repair prices. The EGR valve needs replacement now. I've got the got the "service engine" light on now. The suspension is too soft and "boaty" for Maine roads!

Cadillac evaluation
By conley marcum

1996 Cadillac DeVille Sedan 4dr Sedan

We have had a great experience overall with this car. It rides great, excellent road car, comfortable, very clean, only one very slight scratch. We have moved to city and wife is not comfortable driving it in close quarters. Currently is in need of an alternator. This is the only real trouble we have had with it. We recently replaced brakes and roters.

Large, roomy, super comfortable on vacations and interstate driving. It gets 25 mpg on highway.

Give it a more reliable alternator, which I will be replacing soon.

Northstar meets spacious luxury
By AJM

1996 Cadillac DeVille Sedan 4dr Sedan

Some might consider the 1996 Cadillac DeVille too large, or a "gas hog," however the true enjoyment is experienced when making a statement driving down the road in superior comfort knowing you could "trash" 95% of the competition in acceleration and comfort. this car is one of America's finest.

The memory seats, lamp monitors, ECC, the only "limp home" system on the market, and exceptional acceleration

The gas mileage is very low about 15 mpg or so, but it is an appropraite tradeoff for all the power!