Used 1991 Cadillac DeVille Consumer Reviews - 21 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

1991 Cadillac DeVille

View reviews for a specific DeVille model:

Get more pay less
By DSPJOHN

1991 Cadillac DeVille 4dr Sedan

I love this car. I got this car because it was all that i could afford at the time. i paid $2000 for it thinking it would breakdown soon after i bought it. (i needed a temporary car) Now that i've had it for more than a year its proof that this car is reliable. it's not only the car the reliability its the look of the car this car gets respect on the road. Its not just the look its the roaring V8

The ride on the Highway it feel like your gliding, and the HUGE back seat. It's like being in a limo.

Better gas mileage i get about 15 on the street and 21 on the highway.

Good for 16 years
By I don't know

1991 Cadillac DeVille 4dr Sedan

I love my 1991 DeVille for comfort, beauty, smooth ride. I save money on hotels because it is so comfortable I prefer sleeping in it to sleeping in a hotel bed. The gas mileage was fine when I got the car used in 2000. But see the favorite feature below. Cadillac repairs are notoriously expensive no matter who does them but until the car was 16 years old, I needed almost no repairs. It was super. Then, at the 16-year and around 100,000 mile mark, the car started to self-destruct, one part at a time, so that I kept sinking money in being reassured that each repair was the only apparent problem. So be really careful if you own or are looking at one of these models now.

What I love is the instantaneous mileage meter that allows me to adjust the accelerator to get better gas mileage as I drive. I usually get instantaneous mileage of between 18 and 28, depending on the terrain. Also, I love comfort. I want to convert it into a spare bedroom once it can't be driven.

Just wish it would last longer. I love everything about the car if we consider how it would have been when it was new.

Pretty to Look at, but in the shop often
By rt

1991 Cadillac DeVille 4dr Sedan

I bought this car used 90K miles after owning two other Caddy's as used cars before. The check engine light came on periodically and I had some stalling after a month. The cause of the check engine light was dismissed after multiple diagnostic tests as just "needing a tune up". After a year I replaced the fuel pump, a/c compressor, water pump, starter and had some sort of what seemed like a fuel line problem that no one could find. The Caddy dealer could not find the problem in two hours despite the check engine light. Suspension was like an old taxi after two years. I wouldn't buy another Caddy used.

Quick and smooth on the highway before the problems I just mentioned started.

Unreliable car. Once you have a problem you end up with multiple problems with these cars.

Rich man's pride-poor man's secret!
By poisonousy

1991 Cadillac DeVille 4dr Sedan

What a way to appreciate Cadillac ride than to get out of a Corvette and into one! When my father offered to buy me a car after the passing of my mother and the theft of my $30,000 Stingray, the choice was a no-brainer. Sure, I looked at a couple of LSC's and 1979 Trans Ams (whoops.). Common sense took over and I went with what I knew-we already owned a 92 DeVille and a 91 Seville, both excellent cars. After picking my dark blue 91 and putting new Bosch injectors, new struts, steering rack, Michelins, and tuneup on it, it is still the car I'd dreamed of-BIG but 20.7 AVERAGE mpg, total luxury including FAST, classic Caddy beauty and an incredible ride. 155,00 mi no problems. Great engineering!!!

Classic caddy lines with modern smoothing-awesome engine and drivetrain engineering-a solidity unmatched in any other domestic line (sorry, Buick, not even close)-a much better car than my beloved '79 deville-tons of room and comfort-still turns heads-details out like new-why spend $20,000?

The armrests on these cars crack near the door panel at like 20,000 miles and always have back to 1977!Drip gasket at trunk lid edge near rear window lasts about as long, though extr. Simple to replace-difficult engine"setup" regarding tps/iac results in varied driveability near idle, otherwise perfect

400,000 miles and beyond!
By caddieman

1991 Cadillac DeVille 4dr Sedan

This is my third Cadillac sedan deville. These cars are amazing.I have 160,000 miles on the one I own now and Its keeps on truckin". The ride quality is incredible. We take it one all own long trips. I store it in the winter and drive another car through the snow. Its black with dove grey interior. I had to replace a few things when I purchased it. Starter, Plugs belts and hoses. Other that that. Its runs very well. Its is the most comfortable car that I have ever owned. 90' to 93' body styling was classic. And the 454 under the hood doesn't hurt.This car has power!! Parts are still available.I recommend any one to buy one if they see one on the lot. you wont be sorry.

All power options were before its time. The smooth big" ride lots of room. POWER! Big hog engine.

None.