Used 1990 Cadillac DeVille Sedan Consumer Reviews - 29 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

1990 Cadillac DeVille Sedan

Base 4.5L V8 4-speed Automatic - (29 reviews )

Old Fashioned American Luxury
By Jolena911

1990 Cadillac DeVille Sedan 4dr Sedan

I'd noticed the Devilles for a long time and really was attracted to the styling. It's a timeless design and my 1990 still looks very contemporary. The paint has held-up well and it still looks impressive. The car gets great gas mileage about 22mg total, and nearly 26mpg on the highway. The interior is comfortable, but dated-but it has a vintage feel, so I love it. The handling is amazing as far as the rear end refuses to budge, but it does tend to lean, body roll, in curves. All-in- all, this car was a great value-younger people (Im 38) don't want these cars, so you can get them with low miles and in great aesthetic shape. We call mine "Herman" and I hope he's got another 100,000 in him

Exterior styling-it still looks rich after all of these years. Gets good gas milage-don't let the size fool you. I love to be driven in this car. Also, it's just really comfortable.

Well considering the car is 16 years old, I can't say much. Weak areas include the antiquated interior design (reminds me of my dad's 1970s Olds). But really, how can you complain? This is a great car-a design classic.

The limousine of Caddies.
By j sedman

1990 Cadillac DeVille Sedan 4dr Sedan

I bought this car from a " little old lady " after 4 years and 40,100 miles. I now have 218,000 miles on it and will drive it sparingly along with my 2002 DeVille. The car has flown way above any expectations that I could have possibly dreamed it would do. Reliability, design, performance, you name it....all have been tremendous. Some one mentioned the vinyl armrests- it's true. They started to crack a few years ago. The only downer , and a mild one, of an otherwise superb model. The best car I've ever owned and a true testament to the quality of Cadillac. I hope my "other" Caddy comes close to the same standards of the old '90.

Looks, gas mileage

Get rid of the vinyl.

Wish I could buy a new one
By Laddie Williams

1990 Cadillac DeVille Sedan 4dr Sedan

This is my wife's car. She loves her 90, the way it looks, handles, parks, and rides. When the cruise control quit I thought she would simply die. Otherwise, it has been trouble free. It now had 123,000 miles with no major repairs other than brakes and struts. s

Very smooth ride on Michellin tires. Gets 20-22 mpg about 70 mph. Burns no oil. Minor leak on valve cover gaskets.

The pump and connections between engine and rear struts auto-level system seem to have an unrepairable slow leak. It adjusts too frequently.

Nice Car...If You Have the Bucks
By Jack

1990 Cadillac DeVille Sedan 4dr Sedan

I purchased this car whe it was twelve years old with 100,000 miles on it. It was very comfortable to ride in, its handling was good (for a car this size), and its power was adequate. This was the first year of multport fuel injection bumping the HP from 155 to 180, something the car definately needed. The backseat is HUGE! The power pulldown trunk is a cool feature. The digital dash was nice, as the analog only goes to 85 MPH. Its gas mileage averaged 15 MPG, in combined city/hwy driving. With high gas prices and these cars requiring premium, it wasn't a good mix. Its body has a nice classic shape. The rear-window is limo-like. Its small, and high rear shelf gives the car a more "private-car" look/feel. The A/C controls are oddly placed thhough.

I like how it has power everything: windows/locks/dual seats, dual mirrors, pull-down trunk. electronic climate control. These are things, that are, of course, available on even economy cars these days, but 16 years ago was a different situation. The digital fuel gauge was nice as well.

If this was still 1990: add traction control, relocate the A/C controls to the main dash - the radio is left to fill the entire dash, very strange. Give it additional horsepower HP, yes this year added 25 HP from last year, but a car this size needs over 200. The fear of front seats should be power as well only the bottom is power.

Makes me Feel Like a King
By Eric

1990 Cadillac DeVille Sedan 4dr Sedan

When I finally had it with foreign make cars, I found this beauty at a used car lot and to my surprise, it was very cheap. It was only cheap because the driver door didn't open at all. After a test drive, I knew I had to have this car. It had about 121, 000 miles on it but drove like it had only 1,000. Everytime I get into it, I feel nothing but pure relaxation and like I can drive for days at a time. It still needs some minor work, but I am making this classic my new hobby and gonna restore this thing to it's orginal beauty.

To start, I like how this car makes me look like a rich man or at least that's what everyone says to me at work. I love its comfort, handling, smooth ride and of couse the power.

The only thing I just can't get used to is the small rear window. It makes me think that anyone that comes with 8 feet of me is right on my bumper, but they are really not. Everything else is just pure perfection.