Used 2009 Cadillac CTS Consumer Reviews - 82 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2009 Cadillac CTS

View reviews for a specific CTS model:

2009 Cadillac CTS 4dr sedan 3.6L
By jon

2009 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

Previously owned Mercedes Benz E420, BMW 328i, BMW 325i, Lexus LS 430. Never thought about ever owning a Caddy. Was considering buying BMW 525i or Merc E350, but felt that it is too common. Finally, gave the CTS a shot when I saw it in the showroom. Beautiful cutting edge design on exterior and interior and what an incredible driving experience, rival that of my previous BMW and Mercs.Way better than my Lexus in handling. Much quieter than my 2007 BMW 3 series on highway. Proof that GM can make good car if it wanted too. Highly recommend the new CTS, best bang for the money! One other bonus, dont have to use premium gasoline.

Exterior and Interior Design, Handling and Overall Performance. Turn heads everytime.

My second CTS
By Jenn

2009 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan w/Direct Injection (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

This new CTS made it even less painful to get rid of my old (2006) CTS. This car is pure pleasure for me. I love everything about it except the fact that it feels so smooth while I am driving it that I don't realize that I am going so fast. I loved my old one but this one stands out by far! Would suggest this car for anyone who is looking for a luxury thrill. The only thing this car doesn't do is make me coffee but it has a button for that and will direct me to the nearest Starbucks.

pop up navigation, built in 40 gig hard drive, ipod jack, bose speakers have excellent sound, the ultraview roof, back up sensors, bluetooth, heated and air cooled seats, the clock is beautiful gives it that little extra, the car has great handling and performs like a champ! I could go on.

There isn't much I don't like about this car but I would like the gas door to lock, the seats are a little hard but I'm sure like my other one will break in quite nicely, and gas mileage could be much better.

One Year Update Review
By MJLx2

2009 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan AWD w/Direct Injection (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

One year and 17,000 miles ago I bought my '09 CTS. What a phenomenal car. Fun to drive, not a single problem, and still a head turner. Highway mileage has averaged 26 - 29 mpg on road trips - using regular gas. Truly a terrific car. The AWD was outstanding throughout last year's Chicago winter. The car is still tight as the day I bought it. The 304 hp engine is quick and powerful with a deep growl when you jump on it. My previous car was a Lexus ES 330 and before that an Acura TL. Without question this is a much more fun to drive and stylish car with the same reliability and quality of the competition. Would I buy this car again? - without hesitation.

The interior and exterior design. Build quality and reliability. Performance. Low cost to own. FUN to drive. Sporty while retaining a premium car's luxury and class.

Fitting two sets of golf clubs in the trunk is a bit of a squeeze.

A world-class offering from Cadillac
By RandyL

2009 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan AWD w/Direct Injection (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Given all of the incentives to purchase a new car, I decided to replace my '02 V6 Honda Accord EX, a fine car that I found to be extremely boring. When I read the reviews of the new CTS I was impressed. When I drove the car I was even more so. Now, after 9K miles I am comfortable in saying that it is everything I expected it to be. It is truly a world-class car, and GM & Cadillac should be justifiably proud. They have produced a distinctively American entry level luxury sedan with performance, style, and quality. There is no reason to add the phrase "for an American car" when comparing it to Euro or Japanese competitors. It's vehicles like the CTS that are critical to GM's recovery.

Ride quality, performance, distinctive exterior styling, and first-class interior styling. Corners ferociously. BIG horse power from a naturally aspirated V6. I get to say "Damn right it's a Cadillac!" a lot.

As other have mentioned, it is lacking in interior storage space. There's no sun-glass storage area and the center console and glove compartment are quite small. Visibility out the side mirrors is very limited, with some serious blind spots. I added small convex mirrors to both and it's better.

Transmission Failure - Unhappy Owner
By Jerry Schofield

2009 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan w/Direct Injection (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Expect this from your dealer and cadillac. If your automatic tranny fails like ours, cadillac will have you wait two weeks for the parts and a failed attempt to rebuild your transmission at least twice before they deem it appropriate to replace the transmission. Our new CTS spent 20 days of the first 29 days of ownership in the shop. As a "valued" Cadillac owner you'll spend dollars for nickel and dime service. The new "GM" is just as bad as the old "GM" or worse. No matter how great the car looks or drives, you won't enjoy ownership if you're treated like this. I do have regrets about buying a Cadillac. Chances are, you will too. Shame on you "Cadillac"!

The car looks good, but as we've discovered, looks aren't everything! All this technology with ambient lighting and head lights that follow the steering is wonderful if you don't mind the service issues. We're not happy and just can't encourage anyone to go out and buy one. Sorry!

Take care of your owners if you want them to keep buying your product We are first time and last time Cadillac owners. Oh, I almost forgot, what ever happened to auto volume control on premium radios? Constant volume control is required to overcome ambient noises. What a pain!