Used 2009 Cadillac CTS Consumer Reviews - 84 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2009 Cadillac CTS

View reviews for a specific CTS model:

make date problem
By James ODunn

2009 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan w/Direct Injection (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Depending on whether you got yours early or late in year makes a huge difference, the early months that year of 2010 where horrible and the later month models were better made parts. Labor and design on some parts to me at Cadillac is the problem...

AWD if it works after 30,000 miles.

plastic consoles, drive train parts, transmission parts, and ignitions! Hey but its a cadillac right? wrong. i can put a suede seat on a toilet too...

2009 nightmare
By jdpax16

2009 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan AWD w/Direct Injection (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I have had this car about 2 years.
While under warranty it was awesome.
Now at 52,000 miles it has needed timing chains, and now a whole new tranny and transfer case.
One owner,52k miles.
This is ridiculous.
I had a 1992 merc grand marquis with 176k miles that had original tranny and drivetrain. I have lost all faith in GM and their craftsmanship, quality, and customer service.
Steer clear of these cars.
Has now been in shop for two weeks with no end in sight. I have always been a automotive enthusiast with a deep passion for American muscle and performance but this experience has really tested my faith and trust in American auto makers

the car is gorgeous In and out with breathtaking styling and cutting edge design

reliability, quality, customer service

Love this CTS GM got it right !!
By cmvcts

2009 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan w/Direct Injection (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I have had this car since May 2009, and love it. It is fun to drive and haven't had one problem what so ever. It has 74,000 miles on it and is at the dealer today, had them check it from the front end to rear end and it needs nothing !!! Still has the factory brakes on it !! The only thing I have done to it is oil changes and one set of tires at 74,000. I love this ride, can't get over this car, runs strong, and looks great. Love the black ice paint !! Great Job GM, I will buy another one in the future !!! This car was worth every penny I spent on it !!! Hennessy Cadillac in Duluth service dept is jam up !!!

Love the interior, heated and cooled seats. The car comes alive when you hit the gas pedal to the floor. Love the Black Ice paint job.

Car needs more space for phones, cups etc....

Should have bought another truck
By fordman

2009 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan w/Direct Injection (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

The last time I bought a GM product was 2004 and after three transmissions, swore I would never buy another. In an effort to help the US auto industry, I decided to try again. The transmission in the caddy has been slipping since purchase. The original diagnosis was a computer issue and some shims. The problem has progressed and we are headed back to the dealer again. The radio/NAV went out after 15,000 miles and brakes were replaced after a recall. Overall, the car looks good especially from the exterior. However, for nearly $50,000, I would have hoped for a car I could rely on. This ain't it!

Good looks. NAV and On Star are first rate.

Build a reliable car, please

First Time Cadillac Owner
By JohnC

2009 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

This was my first upscale car, and I've not been disappointed. Great look & feel inside & out, superior driving experience (even with base 3.6 engine). Bold exterior design and black cherry color has drawn lots of compliments. Mileage is about as expected, 17-19 mpg in mostly city driving. Seems pretty good to me for an AWD car. Like one other reviewer, I had major transmission problem about 3 mos into ownership, which eventually required total replacement and about 2 wks in the dealership. However, dealer handled great, provided free loaner CTS for the entire time, so what's to complain about? No problems since. Overall a great vehicle and certainly the best car I've ever owned.

Exterior & interior styling, great overall driving experience. Analog clock is a classy touch. Integrated Bluetooth & iPod connection are super-convenient - I suppose most cars will have eventually, but nice to be leading the pack.

As many have noted, rear visibility is poor, backing out of a parking space requires a lot of attention. Needs a bit more storage in front seating areas.