Used 2007 Cadillac CTS Consumer Reviews - 48 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Cadillac CTS

View reviews for a specific CTS model:

Poor reliability
By Dianne

2007 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

My CTS Cadillac is nothing but problems. Major engine repair at 5 months and issue for over a year. Then again Major engine issue at 19months! The car has been a nightmare and the dealership is even worse to deal with in this regard. I would never buy another Cadillac nor deal with GM. I can't believe the poor level of customer service and then the poor level of quality of the car. I do like the style and look of the car, but it is a poor, poor quality car. It is upsetting as you expect a Cadillac to be the best, not the worse!

CTS Sport
By boomr46

2007 Cadillac CTS Sport 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

First Cadillac I've ever owned - picked it over an Infiniti M35 due to dealer location. Sport model with 18" wheels, limited chrome and spoiler definitely turns heads. For the most part it performs up to its looks which is pretty decent considering its weight and 255 HP. Interior is much improved in the 2008 but very plasticky in the 2007. (Not up to previously owned BMW 740i, Mercedes SL, Jag XK or even Chrysler LHS). Ride is stiff but not uncomfortable; handling very good; braking powerful. Standard 18" summer sport tires abysmal in fall/winter which led to all-season replacement after 4000 miles (at my expense). Overall mileage of 19.2. Next vehicle? Accura or Lexus mid-size SUV.

Awesome optional BOSE + XM radio Nimble handling Overall performance

Interior quality Trunk closer

Bad experience
By vbs

2007 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan (2.8L 6cyl 6M)

I haven't had a very good experience with my CTS, I have had major repairs and the car is only 1 yr and 5 months. I love the look of the car and the features, But would like to try another CTS because I think I ended up with a defective model.

My favorite features is the onstar service and also XM radio i love it I can't live without it.

The Cadillac CTS should include heated seats,automatic key entry and it would be nice if the engine was quiet.

CTS v. BMW 328i
By Cadillac Jack

2007 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

I've had this car for about six months now and I love it even more than I did on day one. It's my second car in the entry luxury market, with my first being the '98 328i. I know how much I really love this car because all I want to do is "dress her up" and take her out on the town. My only complaints are related to comfort and interior design. After about one hour in this car I want stop and fix the pain in my back, no matter how I adjust the seats. Our 2002 Camry XLE seating and interior features are superior to the Cadillac which is a shame. We'll never use this car for road trips. This car was a poor choice with two young kids in the back seat. In so many ways, it reminds me of the 328

Body. Even while driving in this car, my head turns everytime I see another CTS on the road. She (Thunder Gray) is very responsive, and nimble...but not as nimble as the bimmer.

Interior styling, comfort, rear seating space and entertainment features.

Love this car!
By Love this car

2007 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

My family has a long story with Cadillacs. I remember the 1st Seville, and I remmeber how much I loved it. Now I'm in love all over again. This car is fast, agile and a huge improvement over the Caddies of the past. It's so good to see thant GM has finally seen the light. My only regret, I should have waited couple months for the '08, but what the heck, I'm in love!

The exterior design, but the front grille could have been nicer

None major