Used 2006 Cadillac CTS Sedan Consumer Reviews - 83 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Cadillac CTS Sedan

View reviews for a specific CTS model:

Great car
By jjmiller

2006 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

We purchased this car with 7000 owned by 92 year old man and it is too much car for a oler person, traded back to the dealer for a small and less equipment.

Power, pick up, Sat radio, onstar, all the proper power seats, etc. Nice leather, For the money it is a bargin compared to MB, Lexus, it does every thing they do plus we have the certified 100000 mile every thing is covered warranty back by GM

Large map box

This transmission is normal?
By Dave

2006 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.8L 6cyl 6M)

Least satisfying car I've had in many years. The chief problem is a transmission-- or is it in the electronics-- that wants to stick me in a lower gear whenever the car decides to. I went down a steep mountain in supposed high gear and was going 10 mph at the bottom when I just let it coast. Dealer gave me the old line about European-type transmissions. Another point, I long ago gave up on ever figuring out the information screen controls. Gas mileage is lousy too. Why did I trade my Grand Prix, an excellent car, to "move up"?

The seats are very comfortable.

Give me some kind of video-- not a CD-- to show me how to set the daggone controls.

Loving It
By Little Caddy

2006 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

I absolutely love everything about this car. It is very durable, dependable and has power to it. The only negative factor is the rear seats do not fold down and passenger seats are not power.

The controls on the steering wheels are absolutely handy when you need and also heated seats.

I am only 5'1" and don't like to sit close up to the steering wheel but if I don't then I can't reach the pedals so only improvement I would like to see is the addition of an automatic pedal adjuster like Chevy and GMC vehicles have.

Good Car
By PLEHMANN

2006 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

If you're looking to upgrade to a luxury vehicle, this is the best starter car you can get for your money.

The OnStar and XM radio features.

The CTS and STS sit to low to the ground. These cars are not suited for the older generation. They need to be easier to get in and out of.

CTS
By Angela

2006 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

I love everything about my Cadillac CTS, except for a couple of things. It would be better if it were a little roomier and also if the passenger seat was automatic and not manual. Other than those small annoyances the car is perfect and overall I love it!

A little more foot room and automatic seats on both sides.