Used 2006 Cadillac CTS Sedan Consumer Reviews - 83 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Cadillac CTS Sedan

View reviews for a specific CTS model:

Great Value!
By ccleary34

2006 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

I am coming up on 2 years of ownership. This is also the first time in about 15 years that I only have one car. I was worried about not having 4X4 or AWD but so far I have never been stranded in the few times there has been snow. Great acceleration and handling! One of the best I've owned. While some have more performance, utility, luxury, this Cadillac is the best blend I've seen so far.

Reliablity and performance hands down. I love the exterior styling, rear wheel drive, quality of leather and wood on the steering wheel. Stereo is excellent. I love the personalization feature!

Only gripe I've had is the plastic interior, although it will probably turn out to be very durable over time.

You won't be disappointed
By Tony M

2006 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

This is my wife's car. When I drive it my head scrapes the headliner (I'm 6'0") so maybe not a great car for a tall person. Then again it has a sunroof and that robs some headroom. This car is a blast to drive. It corners like it's on rails and always has plenty of power on tap. Still turns heads too. Despite the head room thing it is otherwise comfortable for road trips. Reliability has been top notch and good fuel economy. If you are looking for a true drivers' car without having to shell out big bucks, look no further.

Chassis, suspension, motor, ability to program the steering wheel buttons, quality of the leather seats.

Brakes are good but could be better. Interior is plasticky, no MP3 connection. I think all these were addressed with the new '08 model.

I like this car
By Vsizemore

2006 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

I purchased my CTS certified used. I was looking at several new vehicles, including both the 3 and 5 series BMWs, Audi. I never even thought of considering a Cadillac until I saw one at a dealership when I was looking at another vehicle. I fell in love with the design. I drove it and fell in love with it. I waited a few months to review it so I could really experience the vehicle. I still love it. It is unbelievably comfortable, has a smooth ride, and tons of features. I buy new cars about every 2 years. I will probably keep this one longer, and I'll definitely consider another CTS when the time comes, which I haven't done with a vehicle for a long time.

Memory automatic seats, stereo (especially XM), styling, safety, room, comfort, OnStar (I love the directions and connections, although I don't use it very often), ease of driving, navigation, good sized cup holders, programmable steering wheel controls.

Blue tooth, change the steering wheel volume controls so you don't turn it up while backing out of a parking spot, ipod connection with a place to hold it (cup holder is really the only place), cell phone connection so the cell phone gets the exterior antenna as the OnStar connection.

Cool Car
By complife

2006 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

Even though I have owned this car 18 months, I have just returned from my first 300 mile trip driving my White Diamond 2006 CTS 3.6 and I enjoyed the drive all the way there and back. It handled great (even on the Blue Ridge Parkway), the XM radio kept great company (no having to hunt for local stations), and I felt secure in knowing OnStar was with me all the way! This is my second Caddy - my first was a 1991 DeVille that I traded for the CTS. Oh yes, I got two compliments on my "pretty car" while at the resort!

Memory seats, OnStar and XM radio

Auto-close trunk

Rear end noise and early tire wear
By irene w webb

2006 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.8L 6cyl 6M)

I leased this car after having traded in a 2000 Eldorado with low mileage that I had purchased from a non-Cadillac dealership, hence, it was not Cadillac "certified" and the repair bills were getting costly. They certified my car and marked up extensively - I should have kept it! The CTS was great - for the first 7,000 miles. I was rounding a corner on a rainy day and the car almost spun out of control and left huge - long - black tire marks on the road and the right rear tire seemed to lock up. I got the car under control and my nerves settled and went on. At 10,400 I took the car in for a noise in the back end and oil change. The service tech. told me I had to replace the tires.

Ease of buttons for radio Great driver's seating. Sport package and optional grille greatly improves cars looks and curb appeal. Sport package not a benefit - large tires wear out quickly

Fix the differential - it drags, hangs up and sounds terrible It is a great sized Cadillac - visiblity is good and I like the comfort - I might be the only one with a lemon -