Used 2006 Cadillac CTS Consumer Reviews - 83 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Cadillac CTS

View reviews for a specific CTS model:

Incredible Car!
By Caddygirl

2006 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

The Cadillac CTS is very comfortable, has power when you need it and has an overall sexy appearance. I have been quickly sold on Cadillac since purchasing this vehicle. I bought my Cadillac CTS with 32,000 miles on it. It was a leased vehicle and I purchased it as a certified pre- owned. The heated leather seats, wood trimmed steering/console and plush pile carpeting add a luxurious coponent to the superb handling. My only complaint is the plastic grill on the front but I believe they have addressed this in the 2008 and 2009 models. As they say on the commercial...."when you turn your car on does it return the favor?"...the answer is a resounding YES! I LOVE THIS CAR!

Overall appearance, interior wood trim, heated leather seats, split rear seat, two tone leather.

Replace the plastic grill on the front with chrome. The Cadillac name warrants something other than plastic.

Best car I ever owned
By Vetteman1971

2006 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan (2.8L 6cyl 6M)

I bought my Caddy with 22000 miles on it. I live in the Chicagoland area and it is great in the snow. I have about 30000 miles on it now and I've had to replace the brakes and thats it. The dealership is the best I've ever been to as well. I will never own anything but a Cadillac for a daily driver ever again. The one small issue I have is the leather seats could be of a better quality leather but I think they addressed this already. GREAT CAR!!!!

Handling, Fuel economy, Build quality, comfort!

The quality of the leather used on the seats is a bit sub par

So fun to drive, it should be illegal!
By kcindenver

2006 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

With sport handling package it corners like it's on rails. Handling, braking, acceleration, nimble turning radius, easy to park, great gas mileage. This car really is a blast to drive. I'm hooked! Very tight, no rattles, great reliability. Yes, it does turn heads! I'm happy to buy American. I love it even more than I expected I would. Recommend a CTS with no reservations.

Memory seat adjustments, XM radio, navigation, controls in steering wheel, sunroof

Longer center arm rest for those of us who drive with seat farther forward. Easier to navigate the many computerized features would be nice. Needs larger glove box

cadillac has pride
By o.johnson

2006 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan (2.8L 6cyl 6M)

I purchased this auto with 45,000 miles. It was a rental with me being the first owner. I can tell you that I feel like this auto came just out of the showroom. I have owned 7 cadillacs and being almost 60 years old. I am impressed with my cts.

Quickness, on-star, and complete exterior beauty

Try to make the computer technology a little more simple for us old folks to program

Not what I expected from Cadillac
By BillF

2006 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

My first and last Cadillac. Love the car but have had problems with it since it hit 10K miles (rear end 3 times, computer once, electrical and now fuel pump problems) Last experience it left me stranded (fuel sensor). Dealer didn’t do something right and had a major fuel leak after picking it up. Cadillac will not stand behind the car and I can’t even find the next higher person to talk to (Regional manager will not talk directly. Have to go through customer service and they will not give any information). Very disappointed and will never buy another one. And they wonder why the imports have taken over the market.

Ride and comfort

Improve customer service and satisfaction process. Very poor. Allow customers a process to go through until they are satisfied, not until Cadillac says they're satisfied.